• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Lange XT 100 vs. Atomic Tracker 110/Waymaker?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone tried on and/or skied both?

I actually got to try the XT on snow (in a size larger than I probably should be in) but am concerned it won't be stiff enough for me in the long run, and I can't find the Tracker/Waymaker around here to try on. The lasts are similar, 97 vs 98, but that is only measuring the widest part of the forehead and it says nothing about the heel and ankle which is always my problem area (super-super narrow heel and bony ankle).

I'd just buy the XT and put in my ZipFits which would both stiffen them up and snug up the heel area, but the instep height in all the other Langes I've had isn't tall enough to accomodate the super-thick tongue on the ZipFits and still be able to close that buckle AT ALL.

I'm SO frustrated right now!

Jilly

Staff member
I'm going to see my boot fitter next week. He's really an Atomic guy...so let me get he's feel...Also the local shop will have the Atomic (as in the warehouse is in home town!). I know the Lange rep too.....Give me some time girl...

RuthB

Angel Diva
I've got the RX 100 and they are fine, but I wouldn't want to go any softer and with the benefit of hindsight should have gone stiffer and they don't have the walk function. What prompted me to think about it was swapping notes with our clinic instructor - she'd gone with the XT 130 because it seems that the walk function makes them ski softer than the stated flex. FWIW I'm about 5'6 and about 158lbs and am probably an upper advanced skier with moments of brilliance (comfortable anywhere, technical skier but don't get the mileage to be expert). I do ski fast(ish) and can have an aggressive style but i suspect that you charge harder and faster than I do. My one ski quiver is an Aura, and came through the ranks of junior tigers, rossi team's, renn tigers P9, P30 etc

It will be interesting to see what Jilly's contacts come up with but I suspect that your gut instinct is right

Jilly

Staff member
My guy is an Atomic nut, so I knew he was the one to ask. The waymaker is their all mountain boot and only has 3 buckles, flex is listed as 70. The Tracker reminds me of the Salomon Quest. Has the ski/walk mode and "live fit" to make it bigger in the toes.

The boot he would suggest is the Lange RX 110. Last year it was the RS. It has a shorter cuff than the XT, 4 buckles that can be moved in or out as they are on rivets and there are screws in the back for stiffness. So this is more like a tuned down race boot. He mentioned that as a boot fitter he could do more things with this boot than the Atomics.

And I also asked him about any type of after market liners -" If you need those then you've got the wrong boot to start with!"

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The boot he would suggest is the Lange RX 110. Last year it was the RS. It has a shorter cuff than the XT, 4 buckles that can be moved in or out as they are on rivets and there are screws in the back for stiffness. So this is more like a tuned down race boot. He mentioned that as a boot fitter he could do more things with this boot than the Atomics.
Good to know...exactly the type of info I was looking for, but the RX doesn't have a walk feature and I'm super into starting slackcountry skiing.
And I also asked him about any type of after market liners -" If you need those then you've got the wrong boot to start with!"
Said by a person who doesn't have a super-skinny heel, wide forefoot, and fat/low calf, for sure. :rolleyes:
I've never found ANY boot that didn't need significant modification or an after market liner to fit well.

Jilly

Staff member
He doesn't sell any after market liners so......

VG - you might look at the Tracker then...if it's for slack country.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The tracker is nice and snug in the heel with a smaller front last as well. I skied in mine out of the box without having to do anything for 2 seasons. When I started sliding around I think I originally put something in the heel area but have bony ankles also and switched the padding to the mid-foot area instead. I am going to replace the liners next season as the boots fit so well - the liners are just shot now. I have really high arches and use orthotics inside my boots and don't have any trouble with the height of the boot in the midfoot which is often an issue for me. I also have pretty large calves and they fit me well there too.

Last edited:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't think so, it was a couple years ago so I don't remember everything I tried on. Most of the store though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna