• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Lange SX90 Boots

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Force people to replace boots every two years like we're forced to replace our phones (my phone goes haywire 3 months prior to the replacement cycle like clockwork and when I refuse to replace it, just continually tortures me until I do, now my phones shuts off with a 30% charge).
If you happen to have an iPhone 6s or Plus, check their website to see if your phone is on the battery recall. Mine used to shut down out of the blue between 42 and 34% battery, and they replaced it for free....took about 1 1/2 hours.

On the Lange liners - mine are now 4 years old with 3 years of full-season (60+ days) use, and the back of the liner around the Achilles tendon has completely disintegrated inside. The foam has literally turned into little chunks and settled down around the heel and the inner material on the liner is all stretched out and bunchy. I'm SO disappointed as they're the best fitting boots I've ever had.

I thought about putting my ZipFits in to replace the stock liner, but they have so much material over the instep and in the tongue that I can't fit my instep in the boot with that liner in. A "Contact Us" to ZipFit questioning how to take material out of the liner has resulted in crickets, and the closest ZipFit dealer is 4 hours away, in the opposite direction from our ski areas.

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you happen to have an iPhone 6s or Plus, check their website to see if your phone is on the battery recall. Mine used to shut down out of the blue between 42 and 34% battery, and they replaced it for free....took about 1 1/2 hours.

On the Lange liners - mine are now 4 years old with 3 years of full-season (60+ days) use, and the back of the liner around the Achilles tendon has completely disintegrated inside. The foam has literally turned into little chunks and settled down around the heel and the inner material on the liner is all stretched out and bunchy. I'm SO disappointed as they're the best fitting boots I've ever had.

I thought about putting my ZipFits in to replace the stock liner, but they have so much material over the instep and in the tongue that I can't fit my instep in the boot with that liner in. A "Contact Us" to ZipFit questioning how to take material out of the liner has resulted in crickets, and the closest ZipFit dealer is 4 hours away, in the opposite direction from our ski areas.
What about an Intuition?

I think when I read about the Zipfits the material that was moveable was around the outside of the liners, not in the instep area, so you might be in a bit of a pickle.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Given the deal I got, I'd guess buying Intuition liners would be more than what I paid for the boots. Plus, I don't know of any Intuition dealers around here.

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Given the deal I got, I'd guess buying Intuition liners would be more than what I paid for the boots. Plus, I don't know of any Intuition dealers around here.
I got my first set of Intuition's online, they have a home fit kit amd a home heat molding method that works for many of their liners.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am in LOVE with these boots. I have never in thirty years had a pair of boots that fit my tiny ankles. I'm 5'5 143lbs. but my ankle is only 7" around at it's skinniest point. I have never had a pair of boots that could lock that ankle in and not also cut off the circulation at the top of my arch or the ball of my foot. This boot is it. I still needed a normal width last (this one is a full 102), and often narrow fitting boots/heels came with a narrow last and cramped up my foot so badly that I would just buy boots that fit my foot width and have the techs pad in the ankles/heel pocket etc. I still sloshed around so much that I had absolutely no control. I have never skied down a hill with so much confidence in my life. I'm a new skier. I now get it. Marry your boots, but find a bootfitter first. Matt, the bootfitter at willi's who ordered these in for me, was awesome. He measured my leg and my ankle and my calf, and my foot width, and my foot length. He steered me away from the RX that he had in stock and had me try the SX80 for shape fit. They fit nearly perfect straight out of the box, but were too soft in the flex. He ordered in the SX90 and they are downright dreamy when he vacuum fitted them to my foot. But the one thing really different about these boots: the volcanized rubber sole grips. OMG. Life changing. They cushion your walk across the parking lot/floor/etc. and you don't thud, thud, thud anymore. And they traversed the ice in the parking lot much better as well. For shear safety and less damage to floors, these should be on all boots.
This is a huge surprise to me because the SX90 is a 102mm boot. One which I've never had luck with anyone who's foot isn't wide. This one has me scratching my head.

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
:noidea:Just perplexing to me.
there is a lot of padding around the toes in these, above them. that's something I've never had before, so it gives a slight downward pressure right near the joint of the toes to the ball of the foot instead of across the ball. Perhaps with this volume adjustment is why they feel like a 100?

echo_VT

Angel Diva
this thread is interesting.

i had dalbello's before and really liked them.

i ended up getting lange RS 90 - which is the juniors low cuff race boot.
it's not the women's, it's a little thinner of a model than the women's as it's meant to race.

but it's not as tall of a boot as the men's.

they fitted me for the boot and it's pretty good as far as i can tell. it worked for me b/c i have skinny ankles, skinny feet which would be similar to a junior racer i suppose. i have the larger calf but i haven't noticed it being a problem.

the custom footbed and the fitting made a world of difference tho.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am in LOVE with these boots. I have never in thirty years had a pair of boots that fit my tiny ankles. I'm 5'5 143lbs. but my ankle is only 7" around at it's skinniest point. I have never had a pair of boots that could lock that ankle in and not also cut off the circulation at the top of my arch or the ball of my foot. This boot is it. I still needed a normal width last (this one is a full 102), and often narrow fitting boots/heels came with a narrow last and cramped up my foot so badly that I would just buy boots that fit my foot width and have the techs pad in the ankles/heel pocket etc. I still sloshed around so much that I had absolutely no control. I have never skied down a hill with so much confidence in my life. I'm a new skier. I now get it. Marry your boots, but find a bootfitter first. Matt, the bootfitter at willi's who ordered these in for me, was awesome. He measured my leg and my ankle and my calf, and my foot width, and my foot length. He steered me away from the RX that he had in stock and had me try the SX80 for shape fit. They fit nearly perfect straight out of the box, but were too soft in the flex. He ordered in the SX90 and they are downright dreamy when he vacuum fitted them to my foot. But the one thing really different about these boots: the volcanized rubber sole grips. OMG. Life changing. They cushion your walk across the parking lot/floor/etc. and you don't thud, thud, thud anymore. And they traversed the ice in the parking lot much better as well. For shear safety and less damage to floors, these should be on all boots.
How did you like these as the season went on? I moved up from the Salomon XPro70 as I was having the exact same issues as you and mine were a size too big! I can’t wait to try them. I’m nervous tho. I def went up in flex, esp as Lange’s are stiffer than they say.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How did you like these as the season went on? I moved up from the Salomon XPro70 as I was having the exact same issues as you and mine were a size too big! I can’t wait to try them. I’m nervous tho. I def went up in flex, esp as Lange’s are stiffer than they say.
The X Pro is a fairly wide boot, especially in the heel/ankle area. I'm a bit surprised that you were put in it with your description of your foot.

As a side note to the discussion about Lange liners:
I'm in the new 17-18 Lange RS 110 SC Dual Core Boot. They have made some big improvements in the liner.
I have 45 days in this boot and am still wearing the thinnest of thin socks with no sign of packing out.

Last edited:

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The X Pro is a fairly wide boot, especially in the heel/ankle area. I'm a bit surprised that you were put in it with your description of your foot.
Yeah. Me, too! It was my first pair of ski boots so I had no idea but I was getting fitted so i don’t understand how that happened.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah. Me, too! It was my first pair of ski boots so I had no idea but I was getting fitted so i don’t understand how that happened.
It can happen. Honestly, there were times when I saw some less experienced bootfitters who did something similar, in part because of inventory of the store and in part due to lack of experience.

Glad you got into the right boot now. Let us know how it goes.
FWIW, the SX line in Lange is somewhat wide
It goes from narrow to wider RS, RXLV, RX, SX

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It can happen. Honestly, there were times when I saw some less experienced bootfitters who did something similar, in part because of inventory of the store and in part due to lack of experience.

Glad you got into the right boot now. Let us know how it goes.
FWIW, the SX line in Lange is somewhat wide
It goes from narrow to wider RS, RXLV, RX, SX
Oh wow that’s a nice range! These boots fit so, so darn well. Wide enough for the widest part of my foot, but perfect for my narrow heel and small ankle. It’s the only boot (and brand in general) that I tried which held my ankle in place and prevented me from moving it up and down so much. I tried HEAD, Technica and Atomics (they were a close second but I’d end up needing more ankle support somehow). I’ll keep all posted! I’m so happy haha

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna