• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

La Nina for 16/17?

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here are the climate prediction center maps for the US, December-February. First one is temperature, second one is precipitation.

off07_temp.gif off07_prcp.gif

PNW season was much better this season (still going!) than predicted, so definitely many grains of salt, but PNW does typically benefit from La Niña, while other regions are more random. Northern half of the US is better than southern half. PNW is definitely the place to be; Utah, Colorado, and SoCal will be near average or worse.

Other months are available here.

Christy

Angel Diva
Aren't we in a weak La Nina year? That was the last I heard, and our weather is corresponding, with below average temps and lots of snow. But I also thought we were supposed to slide into a neutral year around now.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Every time I see this thread, I wonder if there's been a change to my dearly beloved La Nina ski. Every time.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's early yet, so the season could still be a disaster, but so far they are saying we are having our best season in the last eighteen years.

I know one thing, we are having a much longer and earlier brutally cold spell.

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
I bought the 12/13 La Nina's just recently, in the plastic for $200. Awesome deal. I did some digging and found out that this ski has not changed one bit since 12/13, which is even more awesome because the 12/13 graphics are way cooler! I have these in a 185 length. I saw a review that they ski short, so I felt OK with it. I'm 5'9" and an aggressive skier. This is my first women-specific ski purchase since 2007. I'm curious to hear what other people skiing the Nordica La Nina have to say!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna