• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Kids Pass Holder

SkiNorgy

Diva in Training
Since we have a new ski year upon us and I'm trying to minimize the frustrations of my family on the ski slopes I'm looking for a pass holder for kids. My kids are constantly breaking their pass holders or can't get them out of their coats. My neighbor bought some pass holders from www.gogglepocket.com that mount to the goggle strap and they love them. I wanted to see if others have used them or something similar and what you thought.

Thanks for your help.
SkiNorgy

mustski

Angel Diva
Welcome to the site. I don't know the answer to your question but remember similar frustrations. My son used to just stand there and wait for the liftie to help him. Eventually they did because he was so slow. Let us know how it works if you end up trying it.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I always used a keyring and attached it to a zipper when DD was that age. Cheap and easy.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I saw some of these last season. Okay, the only caveat that I see is the possibility of the goggles coming off the helmet, which I have most definitely seen happen with kids. Then both the goggles AND the pass are gone. :eek:

Slopes just seem to be littered with season passes around here. For anyone who uses the usual key ring, here's a tip: surround the pass's punched hole with duct tape, to reinforce. Plastic has this nasty habit of becoming brittle in the cold - especially one as thin as a laminated pass.

SkiNorgy

Diva in Training
Thanks gals for giving me a little insight on my issue. I'm going to give this Goggle Pocket thing a try this weekend provided we get some snow. My neighbor is very happy with it and has made the lift line easier for them. I have noticed the past couple of years that many kids wrap their ski pass lanyard around the goggle strap, that looks like an easy way of losing your pass.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We put ours in an arm band then put it on our leg before putting our boots on. This way the band can't slip off as often happens when on the sleeve of a jacket. That said, though, our pass system is still visual and, as adults, we're tall enough that having it just below the knee joint the lifties can still see it. I don't know how that would work for little ones or scanable passes.

Lilywhite

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw helmet covers with a pass pocket built in somewhere, but for the life of me cannot remember where.

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would think keeping it simple would be the best way, using a key ring or zip tie to attach it to a zipper on a pocket (not the front zipper, since it will blow up in their face and gets bumped around too much with zipping/unzipping). Another option is to attach it to a belt loop of snow pants. I did have a nifty retractable ski pass holder at one time that the mountain gave me, I loved it, but I have heard they have a tendency to break. https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...&gadtype=pla&gclid=COmz4JHThLQCFYd9Ogod2AEAxg It looked like this, although I doubt the resort was paying $12 for them. They are nice because the pass can be held out and up (in the case of a child) so the liftie doesn't have to bend down to scan.

Lilywhite

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
diymom, yes that's the one. Thought it was a good idea as little kids pockets are often too low for proximity passes to be read successfully.

SkiNorgy

Diva in Training
I order the Goggle Pocket item last week for my children and received them by the weekend. Since Colorado got some snow this weekend we went skiing on Sunday. The ski pass holder worked great and we didn't have any frustrated parents or children. Some of the lift operators thought it was the best way of displaying a pass they had seen for kids.

Thanks for everyone's help.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Got Google Pockets for me and my daughter. Worked great at Massanutten last week. At first it seemed like the pass might slide out, but never had any problem once attached properly to the goggle strap.

The order was shipped quite promptly.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Overall, I like the Goggle Pocket. I tend to leave my goggles on except when I go in for a break. It is a good idea to be a bit careful after the helmet and goggles are not on a head. It's possible for a pass to slip out when carrying the helmet with goggles swinging loose. However, we never lost a pass last season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Overall, I like the Goggle Pocket. I tend to leave my goggles on except when I go in for a break. It is a good idea to be a bit careful after the helmet and goggles are not on a head. It's possible for a pass to slip out when carrying the helmet with goggles swinging loose. However, we never lost a pass last season.
Had an absolutely DOH! moment last season with the Goggle Pocket. For some reason had never noticed how you're supposed to put the pass in it. :doh:

Now that I do it correctly, the pass can't possibility slip out.

With more places going to RFID and more jackets with a pocket on the arm to keep an RFID card, I guess needing to see/scan a season pass will happen less often at large ski resorts. But not likely to change in most places where families go for affordable skiing all season long.

SkiNorgy

Diva in Training
I see that there is a new and improved Goggle Pocket on Amazon. Looks like it's more convenient to take your pass in/out of the pocket and should be better with barcode scanners. We had a few issues that some barcode scanners wouldn't scan the pass.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly