• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Kenjas

JillV

Diva in Training
I just purchased the Volkl kenjas and now am wondering if they may be a bit out of my skill set....I am almost 50 ,5'3" 140lbs...learned late in life .....mostly self taught with some bad habits.....but in more recent years have tried to up my game skiing mostly mad river glen....which is mostly un groomed mogul skiing....my question is that are these skis too stiff for an intermediate skier in the bumps and or a bad choice for someone learning the trees....or will they give me some new confidence and make me a better skier

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kenjas are my daily driver. I think they are decent in the bumps and trees. I suck in bumps and trees at this point, just started skiing them, so may not the best judge of Kenjas abilities for bumps and trees. But I think Kenjas are really nimble for skiing tight spaces like trees and bumps. I am heavy and tall, so I absolutely love Kenjas stiffness. I also know several petite women on this forum that ski Kenjas and love them. In short, I agree with what Mrs. Hutchins said. :smile:

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you have "bad habits" the Kenjas will dutifully point them out to you. They will help you fix them, but it may be time for lessons, or at least gradually working up the difficulty level and refining your skills. Otherwise, I agree that Kenjas are fine for solid intermediates, and will help you advance; I demoed them only for a day, and I learned so much!

Let us know how it went on the slopes!:goodluck:

Last edited:

JillV

Diva in Training
Thank you!.....now I am excited again.....would you say that these would be a good backcountry choice too?....I'm debating on AT bindings....

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Hi @JillV, I just bought the kenjas as well after demoing them for two days. On my first day, I had many of the same feelings that you did. They terrified me, and I was afraid that this would be too much ski for me. They really do point out bad habits, and put you into the right positions, and warn you about form. However, by the end of the second day, I was loving them. I think the stiffness takes a little bit of time to get used to – they were certainly very different from my softer more forgiving skis. I'm really excited about how my kenjas will help me grow though. I love them! ❤️

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm heavier than you are, but the Kenjas are my preferred ski for the Northeast. I used to switch back to my Volkl Tierras, which in my opinion are the best carver out there on ice, but this year, I only took them out one day. I love my Kenjas in bumps and deep snow, and they have been outstanding in Spring conditions.

What length Kenjas do you have?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am petite, older than you, 5'1 , 100 lbs and have had the Volkl Kenjas 149 for a few years now. I ski mostly in Lake Tahoe and think they are great skis. Yes, I have demo-ed more forgiving skis in powder, but the Kenjas are really a lot of fun. Took them to Europe two years in a row and had a blast. I did demo the Blizzard Samba three times this year and really thought they were fun.

mustski

Angel Diva
I ski the Auras and demoed the Kenjas which I also loved. I am not a back country skier but I think the Kenja is too narrow. You need a wider platform for the back country. I second the suggestion of the Auras.

Needsalife

Certified Ski Diva
I love the Kenja! I demoed a bunch of skies this season and kept going back to the Kenja. As soon as I find a deal, a nice pair of 163cm will be mine!

grlacey

Certified Ski Diva
Just got my Kenjas and I can't wait to ski them! I am similar age and weight but a bit taller. I demoed them this winter and fell in love. Hopebyou have fun with them!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly