• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

K2 Missbehave vs Dynastar Ex. Legend Eden

zoomchick

Certified Ski Diva
:help:
What to do? I've loved my LottaLuvs when I first got them in '08 and now I think I've outgrown them. They are 153s.
I am a 5'3", 115 lbs expert skier.
I ski mostly the west and have a pass at Mammoth. Yesterday I rented the K2 Missbehaves (149s) to tame the 28" of overnight and it skiied great. The one thing I worry about is carving the groomers. When there's no fresh, and I am not in the trees, I like to crank my edges and rip the corduroy. Will the Missbehave's do this? My thought was to pop up to the 159s for a more all-around ski.

Then searching this board, I read about the Dynastar Legend Edens and they sound promising. No possibility of demoing them here at Mammoth though. The Legends are available. Will I get an idea of the Edens from trying the Legends? For you ladies who have the Edens, how do they handle speed and crud? I assume they are nice on powder days. Then for the size, 158s or 165s?
Oh and this website is an awesome find!!

Thanks!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I think it was PowDiva85 who did a full gear review of the Dynastar Eden? I recall her saying that it is a much beefier ski than the current Exclusive Legend Powder, has a metal sandwich construction. I have both the EL's and EL Powders of current vintage. They're quite different in feel and performance characteristics (notably, turning radius - much longer in the ELP), so I don't think you'll get much useful comparative input from demo'ing the Exclusive Legend. (although I am a serious fan of both!)

zoomchick

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the input!
Tomorrow I 'm going to demo the Legends (in a 158)anyway and the new Lotta luvs in a 156.
Should be interesting.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Good luck - have fun! Did the same side-by-side (switched back and forth every run) with same 2 skis, as I was so totally on the fence - many similarities. Eventually went with Legends as I found the better price, and I liked their lighter weight. But, oh, was it a "photo finish!" :wink:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I've skied the MissBehaveds on groomers and they carve no problem. I've never skied them on anything crusty/icy, but on groomed hardpack they were fine. If I lived out west the MissBehaveds would be my one ski quiver for sure.

zoomchick

Certified Ski Diva
Yes, I am looking for one ski to take me through the season.
I did like the Miss Behaved skis a lot though I think the 149s were too short. RachelV, may I ask what size are you on?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I was on the 169's and I'm about 5'7"/135. They're just a hair taller than me. With the twin tips and the little bit of rocker they ski a lot shorter than they are -- at 5'3" I'd definitely go for the 159's.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am here at Mammoth this week. Today was unbelievably great! What a true bluebird day. And yesterday was unbelievable weatherwise also...just about everything shut down around 1-2 pm. No visibility at all in many areas and the WIND.
However, yesterday was powder lesson day; rather challenging in those conditions but the snow was fabulous. I skied the 2010 Line Celebrities both days. You may want to think about these; I can vouch for their ability to do anything, including the groomers. They are light and stable. I am also a petite woman and find them really very nice. The 90 waist has been perfect for this terrain. Tomorrow it is supposed to pretty nasty again...but I may head up for the day and use these skis once more due to the snowfall expected. My husband may want us to leave early due to the heavy storm since we're headed back home to Arizona. Barbara (SkiBumForever) should be up at the mountain as well.

zoomchick

Certified Ski Diva
I arrived Tuesday night and was supposed to leave Friday, but with the impending storm, pushed the departure to Sunday. Yesterday was amazing. Sooo much powder. The Miss Behaved were great-just floated.
Today my '08 Lotta Luvs were OK. I stayed off most of the groomers and those I did ski were all chopped up. There was still alot of fresh in the trees off chair 9.
I've read about the Celebrities but finding them to demo here is tough.
I did get a pair of 2010 Lotta Luvs in 156 delivered tonight to demo tomorrow and can't wait. My plan is to crank them on the groomers at the outpost and then try them on Saturday in the (hopefully) powder.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna