• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is it too early for the annual skiing goals thread?

eclaire

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now that the days are getting shorter and the nights cooler, my impatience to ski again is out of control! I've been obsessing about it for the last week so I thought I'd start a thread of skiing plans/goals for the '14/'15 season. Here are mine:

1. Don't let life prevent me from skiing my home mountain in NH every weekend and the little hill up the street (in MA) one night per week
2. Take a minimum of 4 lessons over the course of the season; concentrate on confidence in skiing moguls
3. Attend a women's ski clinic at Loon or Okemo
4. Take another trip to CO for a girl's ski weekend with my best friend
5. Two regional 2-day trips: Jay Peak and Diva East
6. Participate in Wachusett ski instructor training class
7. Make more female friends to ski with

Not sure I'll have the money for all of this but I'll certainly try to make it all happen. What about you?

abc

Banned
"Is it too early for the annual skiing goals thread?"

No. Because it's always the same for me every year, HAVE FUN!

And I always achieved that goal too, EVERY YEAR! :smile:

Now, as for skiing PLAN, that's different...

I won't know for sure what my schedule will be like till November. So planning only starts then.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't decided on a goal number of days yet. I usually like to have a conservative estimate/plan of how often I want to go. Since I didn't do much skiing last year I hope to get out much more. It will be challenging, with a new baby, but workable. I'd maybe like to see 20 days this year, and a trip to Crested Butte. I'd like to take the baby out for a hut trip (which reminds me I probably should start looking into signing up for a slot!). Other than that, not much. Just enjoy being able to ski again and start to instill a love of winter into the little dude.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I actually only have 1 goal for this season: take a race clinic at the localish mountain. I'm just going to assume this will automatically improve all the other aspects of my skiing I'd like to improve. :wink:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My goal, especially for the start of the season when terrain is limited, is to work on femur rotation instead of hip rotation. An instructor pointed this out to me (I keep my upper body still, except for my hips), and then an ankle sprain ended my ski season.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Plans are ambitious - Big Sky, Snowbasin, Alta/Snowbird, Squaw/Alpine, Mammoth, a multi-day clinic.
Goals are to build on last year's progress, improving overall level.

MissySki

Angel Diva
1) Last year I did a seasonal program at Sunday River with the all women group. This year I am going to do the racing option instead.
2) Practice a ton more in moguls and trees to build confidence. I'm too timid, want to attack more in these areas!
3) Ski with the Divas at Big Sky, hopefully gain more practice in powder while there.
4) Top my 49 day record from last year.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A goal is to get in some powder skiing. The mid-season trip is based in SLC but with flexibility so that my ski buddies and I can do a little localized powder chasing. Between JH/GT, Snowbasin/PowMow, and LCC/BCC, hope it works out since the dates are fixed already.

Planning to check out more places in New England. Also hope to finally get to Timberline and Canaan Valley in WV.

mustski

Angel Diva
My goal is not to have goals this year. Had too many last year, for the first time in years, and I missed pretty much all of them. Better not to have any, then I think I had a good year.
I find that works best for me also. I do plan trips, but as soon as I set some sort of skill improvement goal, I obsess and forget about enjoying the time on the snow.

Jilly

Staff member
Well I did purchase the Summit Club again this year. This is basically high performance camp at Tremblant. Need more help in moguls to become fluid.

Other than that.....like our local hill's mantra - "let's have some fun!"

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely more powder, tree and mogul skiing when conditions/location allow and a few more lessons/clinics focused on off-piste and steeps. I need to get more confident on off-piste conditions. Hoping to do some sidecountry/backcountry skiing when I am out west. I won't be able to cat ski or heli ski like I did this past season, but if I get a few powder days in I will be very happy. :smile:
I have two out west trips in planning: one is Diva West Big Sky and the other is SLC/Jackson Hole combo. I would love to top my record of 36 days of skiing last season. Someone told me in the past that you start seeing lots of improvement in skiing if you ski 40+ days every season. I don't know if I will be able to pull off 40+ days of skiing, but would like to get close to 40.
I am hoping to do my annual Thanksgiving trip to Snowshoe VW if they open Thanksgiving weekend like they have in the past 2 years.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too early for me this year... I am still trying to make up my mind if I should do another season in Verbier with a few days in Chamonix or make a complete switch to Chamonix this winter. Anyway passes just started going on sale now so I have time to decide...

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far, my only goal is to sell a pair of skis at a local shop's ski swap (also the largest swap in the area), which is complicated by my not being in town and running a half marathon that day...

dianakate

Angel Diva
My goal is to learn to ski moguls, because I can't. I also want to go to new mountains and meet up with some fellow Divas. And most of all, ski as much as possible!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far, my only goal is to sell a pair of skis at a local shop's ski swap (also the largest swap in the area), which is complicated by my not being in town and running a half marathon that day...

Can you drop them off beforehand? Most of the swaps I've taken part in have been run by shops and you are supposed to leave your stuff the week before.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you drop them off beforehand? Most of the swaps I've taken part in have been run by shops and you are supposed to leave your stuff the week before.

Day of drop-off and pick-up, only. I'm looking to see if any of my friends in the District with cars (which is, like, 2 people) can help out...

Maybe I should make it also goal to finally get custom footbeds this year. :smile:

Last edited:

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First goal already being met, and that has been to do off-season strength and balance training.
Second goal is to lose 50 lbs. and get some really cute ski pants...haha... ok maybe next year, but at least my pants still fit.
Again, Warpath, top to bottom, on my feet.
This year, we will ski the UP. DH has been several times on men-only trips, but this will be my first trip to the UP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna