• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Intuition Liners

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just went to the boot fitters and got Intuition liners in my ski boots. Ski boots are Technica Crush. Does anyone have those? Or an opinion on them?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just went to the boot fitters and got Intuition liners in my ski boots. Ski boots are Technica Crush. Does anyone have those? Or an opinion on them?
Which style of Intuitions did you get? I have a base level version that is wrap-around. I love them! Got them a couple seasons ago after using my Nordica boots for a couple seasons with the stock liners. Besides being a custom fit, the other advantages for me:

1) easier in/out due to wrap-around style
2) warmer feet since toes have more room

My ski buddy, Bill, got Intuitions in January. The first molding wasn't done quite right. He went back a couple days later and a more experienced guy completely redid the process. Bill bought the boots in 2012, but they were never fully comfortable until he got the Intuition liners.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have Intuition Liners in Dalbello Krypton Lotus boots, and I love, love, love them! I agree with marzNC.

Besides being a custom fit, the other advantages for me:

1) easier in/out due to wrap-around style
2) warmer feet since toes have more room

In fact, I love them so much that I got them for my husband for his birthday this year.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Happy with mine (wrap-style) so far - just baked in mid-March, and a 2nd re-do without toe caps, as the toe room was actually disconcerting! But this was in an entirely new shell. Spent 12 years in various Tecnica (stock liner but custom footbed), needed to move on. The bake process and stance held during cool down will also determine the comfort level of the overlap, as I found out. So far, so good.

DH also switched boots this year, ditto Intuition, and 3 years of very difficult achilles tendonitis has...vanished. Wow. Achilles tendon never bothered him while skiing in former boots -- only after. Gone. We're sold.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
My intuitions are not wrap around. They are called Luxury liners and had laces but boot fitter said laces were worthless and removed them. Skied a bit today and went back for more tweaking. Hope the $300 was worth it! Snow today @ Northstar was very slushy as temps were in the 60's. Need to try tomorrow morning in corn snow.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My boots (Garmont Xena) came with lace-up Intuitions as the stock liner. Can't say I've had any issues...

mustski

Angel Diva
Happy with mine (wrap-style) so far - just baked in mid-March, and a 2nd re-do without toe caps, as the toe room was actually disconcerting! But this was in an entirely new shell. Spent 12 years in various Tecnica (stock liner but custom footbed), needed to move on. The bake process and stance held during cool down will also determine the comfort level of the overlap, as I found out. So far, so good.

DH also switched boots this year, ditto Intuition, and 3 years of very difficult achilles tendonitis has...vanished. Wow. Achilles tendon never bothered him while skiing in former boots -- only after. Gone. We're sold.

So what did you go for instead of the tecnicas? Did you go Dalbello? Inquiring minds want to know!

kabutar

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seconded! Also, I'd love to know what boots your DH is in... I had Nordicas, which were too big and when I switched to Langes, my Achilles started complaining. Still on the boot hunt!

Skibuilder

Certified Ski Diva
I have the wrap kind, and love it. My DH got them first and liked them so much he got me some :becky: (his are Krypton Crosses, and mine are Krypton Pros). My ankle injuries have made it difficult to get boots on, and as marzNC mentioned the intuitions have made it easier. Ultimately, I think this ease has kept my ankles from swelling as much as they used to after skiing.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
So what did you go for instead of the tecnicas? Did you go Dalbello? Inquiring minds want to know!
Full Tilt Soul Sister. Verdict still out on whether I really like this flex pattern....old habits die hard - was in Tecnica for 12+ years. These do feel and ski differently.
Seconded! Also, I'd love to know what boots your DH is in... I had Nordicas, which were too big and when I switched to Langes, my Achilles started complaining. Still on the boot hunt!
Too big definitely can do it, with heel movement. May have been DH's issue, as he despises super-close fit, always has (:noidea:), possibly from decades of teaching and requiring comfort? His are Full Tilt Classic, total throwback to the Raichle Flexon Comps of which he had several pairs in the 90's and lamented passing - after Raichle was done as a boot mfr, replacement bails became scarcer, so that was done.

Time will tell how these bails on Full Tilt (identical to the former Raichle) will hold up....

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They were too forward leaning for me. I have long thighs and I does not take much for me to be over my bindings in boots. So I had to go with the Lange which are one of the most upright boots there is.

iamOshawott

Certified Ski Diva
My bootfitter gave me Fischer race boots with wrap around Intuitions liners. He said it was going to take about 3 ski days for me to break it in and he was right. I went back a couple of times to get it adjusted, mainly the toe areas. He also had the boot shell adjusted too to make extra rooms for the toes. The liners are very warm and comfy.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I've gone back a couple of times for minor adjustments. I was still having a heel lift issue, but after inserting something to help secure the heel, my foot was too forward so had heel insert removed. As far as the luxury vs wrap around, the boot fitter told me I didn't have a whole lot of room in my Tecnica shell for the wrap around. Turns out the luxury liners were about $50 more…. Thanks for all the feedback and yes, they are much easier to get into. As far as warm, well, I ski mostly in Tahoe, so cold feet not always an issue. But have definitely had cold feet issues in Colorado, Canada, and Europe! Always bring dual voltage boot heaters on trips!

kabutar

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too big definitely can do it, with heel movement. May have been DH's issue, as he despises super-close fit, always has (:noidea:), possibly from decades of teaching and requiring comfort? His are Full Tilt Classic, total throwback to the Raichle Flexon Comps of which he had several pairs in the 90's and lamented passing - after Raichle was done as a boot mfr, replacement bails became scarcer, so that was done.

Time will tell how these bails on Full Tilt (identical to the former Raichle) will hold up....

Actually the too big boots never hurt me - the smaller boots did because the flex was too low so heel was stretching. Similar to your thoughts though :smile:

Good to know, thank you!

mustski

Angel Diva
Full Tilt Soul Sister. Verdict still out on whether I really like this flex pattern....old habits die hard - was in Tecnica for 12+ years. These do feel and ski differently.
Yup. That and some tweaking probably. I love my Dalbellos but keep needing tweaks as they hit new levels of "worked in." I wish I had done the last tweak before Diva West but I wanted to ski full days so I could communicate properly with my fitter. Our season was so bad that it was all half days. My tecnicas didn't seem to need so much tweaking. Of course, once my feet changed, that didn't matter. The boots stopped fitting.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Might try another day in Tecnicas, for sake of comparison. (Like brand new! > Plus now have "replacement heels/toes!" :wink: )
Fit issues always involve left foot only. :noidea: Ah, phooey, it's spring, time to move onto myriad of other chores/projects here (and I have a long list...).

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Might try another day in Tecnicas, for sake of comparison. (Like brand new! > Plus now have "replacement heels/toes!" :wink: )
Fit issues always involve left foot only. :noidea: Ah, phooey, it's spring, time to move onto myriad of other chores/projects here (and I have a long list...).

How come you switched if the tecnicas were working for so long?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Long story short...? Older boots dated from 09-10. Replaced liners once. 2nd set packed out. Found identical full replacements - same boot, same model year. Didn't work as well. (What?) (Same happened to @mustski) Put old, worn boots away. Somewhere. No idea where. :doh: Tried to make new ones work. Mega-exasperation. Gave up when I found great deal on Full Tilt. Had minimal to lose. Still have the replacement Tecnicas which are marginal for functioning (for me). On the fence. Crazy story, but happened to her as well. Both of us had "foot changes" over last summer??? :noidea:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly