• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I NEED red ski pants! Really. I need them. And I'm high maintenance.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So....I don't actually need new ski pants, but I need red ski pants. You know, to complete the ensemble. I don't want to spend $300-$400 either.

My all-time favorite pants are North Face soft shell STH pants. They are long enough, slim enough to make me feel less like a roll of toilet paper and stretchy enough that I can move, plus I can layer them up or down to make them ideally warm. But they are black. Not red. And they don't seem to come in red. My second-favorite pants are a pair of insulated Metropolis pants from years ago that were super warm and looked pretty good on. The fabric on those was substantial - almost heavy-duty. Sadly, they don't come in red either and don't fit my butt/gut.

My perfect pair of ski pants would be a true red, stretch fabric and come in a size 14 or 16 (probably an XL if they are sized that way). I'd love soft-shell too. I don't necessarily want a traditional insulated pair of pants, though I've seen some by Columbia that are just okay. Roxy snowboard pants do not fit me, even if I wanted them to fit me. I'm not going for Bogner red stretch pants that go inside the boot either

I've looked at all sorts of websites, but I know you divas have some super resources. Any ideas?

Jilly

Staff member
DIN - aka Descente makes them, Tremblant snow school is outfitted in them. I also know Avalache has red. But not sure where you would get them in the states.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have insulated Columbia pants (not red) and they're working out well for me. The Bugaboo pant is under $100, is a great red, and has good reviews, and comes in an XL on their website (link below). I'm not even gonna suggest black or white instead....:wink:
I checked the usual suspects (Backcountry/Altrec/Peter Glenn/the vendors below).
https://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~ski-pants-women/colorfamily~red/sizefamily~general;xl/
https://www.patagonia.com/us/search/womens/ski+pants?k=1E
https://www.columbia.com/womens-bug...owboard#prefn1=filterColor&prefv1=Red&start=1

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooh, those Descente styles are cute! Perhaps I can find a pre-season sale. They look like they have stretchy styles too...

Peter Glenn has nada - and their store is about 2 mins from my office. Checked there too and even tried making friends with the owner. I need to buy the buyer a cocktail, apparently....

Love the Patagonia styles. They would be great - a little pricey too. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE IDEAS!

mustski

Angel Diva
I have insulated Columbia pants (not red) and they're working out well for me. The Bugaboo pant is under $100, is a great red, and has good reviews, and comes in an XL on their website (link below). I'm not even gonna suggest black or white instead....:wink:
I checked the usual suspects (Backcountry/Altrec/Peter Glenn/the vendors below).
https://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~ski-pants-women/colorfamily~red/sizefamily~general;xl/
https://www.patagonia.com/us/search/womens/ski pants?k=1E
https://www.columbia.com/womens-bug...owboard#prefn1=filterColor&prefv1=Red&start=1
How do the Columbia pants fit ... are they true to size (based on the measurements on STP)? or would you suggest sizing up?

dianakate

Angel Diva
I got a pair of red Obermeyer Lennox pants at the end of the season. I haven't skied in them yet but they are really bright and shiny which I love :-) And were comfy when I tried them on.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How do the Columbia pants fit ... are they true to size (based on the measurements on STP)? or would you suggest sizing up?
Mine are the S/M/L sizing, and I'd say true to size. I got a L and they fit.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So my husband surprised me with a pair of Obermeyer Malta pants in true red. He found them on super sale at Sierra Trading Post. Thanks for the recommendations! I did go up a size from my usual clothing size, but they fit well. They aren't exactly what I wanted - no stretch and not too many pockets to be found. But they look pretty great with my black and red coat. I like that they are very lightweight, and even though they are insulated, the insulation is relatively thin and doesn't add much bulk. Looking forward to wearing them this season.

LisaSkiColo18

Diva in Training
I had SO MUCH trouble searching for ski pants, in fact it's how I found this site! I am size 18 now (16 on a really good day), and I wanted colors. Any color really, so I resorted to orange from Columbia in men's last year, after a lengthy and frustrating search, in which I was returning everything I ordered. I also own another men's pair in a weird snowboarding brand, that actually fit well and look ok, and better than BORING BLACK!

So Spyder is where it's at for me. They have a ton of different colors, fits, styles and colors, and SIZES. You can't buy them on their site, but you can search for them and then look for them elsewhere online. I did A LOT of research, and found that Amazon had what I wanted. I bought 2 new pairs this year, and a new purple coat as well.

I had to spend $150-$250, depending on which distributor Amazon was using, but I am very happy with my new pants. I'm that giant bright pink and purple chick, no one can miss me even on a powder day!

COchick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I'm looking for pants I tend to browse through Backcountry, Dogfunk, and Evo. Also, FWIW, I don't really pay attention to snowboard pants vs. ski pants. I just want cute pants. :smile:

elemmac

Angel Diva

Every single Columbia article runs differently. Take a look on the columbia.com site, each item has a "fits small/slightly small/true to size/etc..." and these reviews are normally spot on whenever I've ordered anything from Columbia.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi! Beating this dead horse. Last season, my husband bought me these Obermeyer Malta insulated pants. Perfect shade of red. Good fit, for the most part. Waist and butt are good, but the thighs are enormous. I feel like a cow in them. The fabric is rather soft, and doesn't feel especially durable. After about 10 days, I have one micro cut in the inner ankle area from my edge.

So I still have a romance with my black TNF LRBC soft shell stretch pants. No, they aren't warm. No, they aren't totally windproof. I ski Breck, and have mastered the art of layering. They are so comfortable, stretchy, flattering, and I don't feel like a big fat snow chick. I would keep wearing them, except for the fact that my husband and family raise hell about me being in all black. They say they can't find me.

And today I found these. In red...With the 20% off and some rewards I have, they are about $100. I may order them just to see. My husband will kill me. I know nothing about Athleta ski apparel. But the description is almost identical to the LRBCs I love so much.
https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=1531040220009&cid=1001370
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 10842254_911139962243868_8923319167091561579_o.jpg
    10842254_911139962243868_8923319167091561579_o.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

dianakate

Angel Diva
I have a pair of turquoise Fall Line ski pants from Athleta that I got last year on sale. I wasn't expecting them to be great, but I love them. Really comfortable, warm and flattering. Hopefully, the pants you found from there are just as good!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope the Athleta pants work out but the red pants in the attached picture are cute.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hi! Beating this dead horse. Last season, my husband bought me these Obermeyer Malta insulated pants. Perfect shade of red. Good fit, for the most part. Waist and butt are good, but the thighs are enormous. I feel like a cow in them. The fabric is rather soft, and doesn't feel especially durable. After about 10 days, I have one micro cut in the inner ankle area from my edge.

So I still have a romance with my black TNF LRBC soft shell stretch pants. No, they aren't warm. No, they aren't totally windproof. I ski Breck, and have mastered the art of layering. They are so comfortable, stretchy, flattering, and I don't feel like a big fat snow chick. I would keep wearing them, except for the fact that my husband and family raise hell about me being in all black. They say they can't find me.

And today I found these. In red...With the 20% off and some rewards I have, they are about $100. I may order them just to see. My husband will kill me. I know nothing about Athleta ski apparel. But the description is almost identical to the LRBCs I love so much.
https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=1531040220009&cid=1001370
Thoughts?
I love Athlete and buy most of my workout clothes from there or Title Nine. I'm so over lululemon. Might like to try ski clothes from Athlete but need to see in person.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I love Athlete and buy most of my workout clothes from there or Title Nine. I'm so over lululemon. Might like to try ski clothes from Athlete but need to see in person.

For what it's worth: I just got a pair of Athleta winter running pants, and a 3/4 zip running jacket and LOVE them. The fabric is high-quality and the fit is spot-on. Haven't tried any of their ski wear, but based on my recent purchases, I would consider it if there was something I liked.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whelp, the red Athleta pants arrived. DH was PISSED as predicted. Great color. Fit...meh. Features...BIG thumbs down. Not at all what I am looking for. Here's the review I posted online:
I was so excited to see a pair of true red soft shell ski pants! I've been searching for a pair in this color for many seasons now. These are a gorgeous red color with a slightly more orange red trim on the inner ankles and bottom seam where the hems are reinforced. Love the diagonal quilted detailing and overall style. Fabric was a little lighter weight than my other soft shell pants by another popular name brand outdoor company. I'm 5'7" and in street clothing, I am a true to size 14 with a normal thigh/hip/rear proportions. Knowing ski clothing tends to run small, I ordered up one size from my usual. These were a good length on me, but even in the larger size, left little in the way of extra space for layers and were very tight at the waist. They would be incredibly flattering if the fit worked. I might have kept them for super warm days where only a single base layer is needed, but that isn't practical for my needs, even on a super sale. I wish they had the velcro waist adjustment available in most ski pant styles by other brands, and a lower leg pocket. The lower leg zippers are a fun retro touch, but not entirely necessary, not sealed/waterproof and don't seem to lock in place well - I'd worry about them opening. There is a nylon gusset behind the zipper on the inside, which I think might be more of a hassle to position before zipping the leg than a functional benefit. I'd recommend these to novice skiers who really want to look cute at the lodge, who ski only in dry climates on balmy days. I strongly recommend going up two sizes from your normal pant size for the most flexible fit, but the lack of waist adjustment might require you to seek the assistance of a good tailor.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh well such is the was of online purchases. At least DH should be mollified by the return and vindicated for his selection of the Obermeyer Malta pants. :hail:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna