• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Grey Rocks Destroyed

Jilly

Staff member
Many of us Canadians and many Americans learned to ski at the historic Grey Rocks Resort. This was the home to "the ski week". It closed in 2009. Last night the abandoned main building was destroyed by fire. I can just imagine the heat as most of the building was wood built in 1902. Reports in the newspapers are saying the fire is suspicious! The only good thing is there was an auction after the resort closed, so memorabilia is spread out around the world.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
My step-dad, who would be 80, learned to ski at Grey Rocks. I remember stopping to see the place when we went to Tremblay in 1976.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Oh, how sad! I had a great gig at Gray Rocks some 15 years ago when I had an assignment from Ski Canada magazine (I did some freelance writing then) to write abut GR. It was great there - food was excellent, atmosphere was wonderful, and the ski week instruction was top notch (made you forget how small the hill was). The end of era, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna