• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Good luck Skimom and BackCountryGirl

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Up next we have Skimom participating in her very first triathlon at this weekend's Tri for the Cure here in Denver. Itri and I will both be volunteering at the event and there to cheer her on!

BackCountryGirl is doing the Maine State Triathlon in Bethel Maine.

Good luck ladies! May you feel the spirit of the Divas support you and cheer you from near and far! :clap::clap::clap:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good luck, Skimom and BackCountryGirl!!! I know you ladies will do fantastic at your races!!!!!!!!!!!!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good luck, BackCountryGirl!!!

Skimom, I KNOW you're going to do great! You've put in the training, now it's time for the reward...finishing your first tri! We'll be cheering for you!

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
THANK you all so much for the support. I'm as ready as I can be I think! It will be great to have some Divas there, and others in spirit!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be thinking of you both this weekend!

Divaz Rock!

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Thanks, everyone. This will be my 7th tri, so I sort of know what to expect, including the nerves at the start. The race is near my home mountain, so I am sure I will see folks along the route to cheer me on. DH and DD are not going to join me this time, so I'm flying solo. Actually, I'm really looking forward to Saturday night alone, in a good friend's condo on the mountain!!!

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will try for more later...but just a quick update: I'm finished! I wanted to cry at some parts of the run, it was so hot, and running is so hard for me...luckily the last part is downhill, otherwise I would have sat down and cried! I think I'll be between my "realistic" goal and my "optimistic" goal, but I will see.

Didn't find itri and Robyn, so I'm bummed about that! Thanks, ladies, for volunteering. I know how much work goes into and event like this, and I appreciate you being there for those of us doing it! I was constantly thanking the volunteers!

Off to sit in the shade at the pool!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:yahoo: :banana: :clap:

WAY TO GO SKIMOM!!!!!

You saw me, you just didn't know it! :wink: I was the last one handing out water at the start of the run (coincidentally the one yelling myself silly as well). :becky: I tried to look for you but my brain on 3 hours sleep could only remember that you were 1280-something (which now that I look, I only had the 12 part right, which could explain it). :bag:

I am very very tired right now, but will try to come back later to post about my experiences volunteering!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, you saw me as well but I was in a challenging spot. Leaving the transition toward the bike start there was a girl yelling "Stay to the right please, two way traffic here." or some variation of that, well that was me. :D So, I was trying to make sure that you didn't have a head on collision. I thought I saw you but it's so tough with bike helmets and people coming at me both directions (yes, I got run into more than once).

Congratulations on finishing! It was definitely a hot one but you did it! You are a TRIATHLETE!!!!!

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I finished and am back home. I took a full minute off last year's time, which was good. Didn't place in my age class (45 to 49), but I wasn't expecting to. A minute slower on the swim, a minute faster on the bike and on the run. I think the swim suffered from some sore back muscles. I was pretty happy about the run time, especially. The transition from bike to run is always tough for me and I didn't feel too badly doing it this time. The run is a nightmare. I think it is what keeps this a small, small race, even after 17 years. The run follows Gould Academy's XC ski trails. I swear, the entire course feels uphill. There was so much mud and water, due to all of our rain. One watery bit (on the soccer field) was up to the middle of my femur. No joke. I felt like the guys in Chariot's of fire slogging through the surf. Next one is on 9/20, but off to ski in Chile first. That, I know I can do.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice job, BackCountryGirl! That sounds like a tough run. I would have had issues, I'm a little mud-phobic. :laugh: Not that it looks like we will ever have those kind of issues out here....it's SO hot and dry!

And um, yeah, to what Jilly said! :becky:

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
itri - could you have been the one that made me take a second cup of water to pour on myself?? If so, thanks.

robyn - I definitely saw you

Thanks to both of you for volunteering. On a day that hot, everyone there looked tired. It was such a wonderful experience. Aside from a broken toe and overall sore body, I feel awesome. :yahoo:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Broken toe? Did you break it during the race? So glad you had a good race and you're feeling good today. I didn't realize you were doing it as well so I didn't know to look for you. :(

I was hard to miss with all that screaming. My throat still hurts today but my voice is mostly back at least.

Backcountrygirl, congrats on your race! I can't imagine having to run through that kind of water, I would have fallen on my *ss multiple times I'm sure.

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ShannonD...I somehow missed, or forgot that you were doing the tri as well. Funny (well maybe sad, I don't know) about your toe...the three small toes on my right foot were numb from toward the end of the bike almost all the way through the run. It was weird!

I have sore muscles as well, and have been evaluating what I could have done differently...just learn to run faster for the most part!

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think an overall sense of anxiety prevented me from talking about the race before I did it, so I never informed you all that I would be participating. I do think that I broke it during the race, but I couldn't tell you when. I think it was during the swim, it had to be right?

Skimom - I had the same problem with my toes going numb. That's weird...

Overall it was really good though. I beat my realistic goal by 13 minutes, but missed my personal goal by 7. I did the swim in 22 minutes which was great. I just wanted to finish in under 30.

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think an overall sense of anxiety prevented me from talking about the race before I did it, so I never informed you all that I would be participating. I do think that I broke it during the race, but I couldn't tell you when. I think it was during the swim, it had to be right?

Skimom - I had the same problem with my toes going numb. That's weird...

Overall it was really good though. I beat my realistic goal by 13 minutes, but missed my personal goal by 7. I did the swim in 22 minutes which was great. I just wanted to finish in under 30.

I need to tell people so at I wouldn't back out!...You could have broken your toe getting out of the water and walking back to transition!

I beat my realistic goal by 13 mins as well, and missed by personal goal by 2. Maybe next year. (OMG...did I really say that?):eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna