• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

GO ROCKIES!!!!!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
What's the ratio of Yanks to Sox fans in NYC ?

boo hoo on the latest Torre Story.

You know, since 2004 there are sox fans everywhere, though NYC is still not a particularly friendly place to be one. Have you ever been to a yankees/sox game at yankee stadium? They are NASTY - no exaggeration, every time I've been to one there have been at least 4-5 ejections in the sections surrounding my seats. It's kind of a bummer that something that should be so fun turns so aggressive and angry. I'm all for the rivalry, but come on, guys.

I do think the Torre news is too bad; he's a great guy. It's going to be a very different yankee team next year.

jenxtremeski

Certified Ski Diva
Were definately going to kick their butts! Well, I am counting on it anyways. Can you believe the computer crash from all the hits for bball tickets? What a mess....Hope it pans out soon, we want tickets!

Were definately going to kick their butts! Well, I am counting on it anyways. Can you believe the computer crash from all the hits for bball tickets? What a mess....Hope it pans out soon, we want tickets!

Yeah! Yikes! I'm glad I have my tix! They said that they only sold 500 out of 60,000!

They go on sale again online at 12:00 noon tomorrow!

It's crazy!:doh:

Yeah......1 out of 7! :D Don't start celebrating yet Young Lady! :nono: We had a bit of the "Jitters"! (Which is different from a bit of the "Jeters!":D )

It's our first time to the Big Show....and we're all a little overwhelmed! Plus....we haven't played in 8 days! We just needed to get our "feet wet".....literally! You watch! I do believe our young boys can do it! They are truly remarkable young men (as people!)...but also as players!

Don't count the Rocks out yet! We'll get her done! :cheer:

ps.......Your Starting Pitcher was AWESOME!!! Kudos to him!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay ladies, your time is here!
Last year I was pumped about the Tigers, and fell to disappointment. This year they played strong in the beginning of the season then fell to injuries.

I'm actually watching the World series again, just like when I used to watch with my grandpa. I'm nuts!

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:mad2: Yo, NVG, sorry 'bout the game, those B**** BoSox won't stop hitting the ball.

I only lasted thru the 6th inning, could not stand to watch anymore. Let's GET EM tonight!

I'm happy for you....but we're not down yet! We've only just begun, and if you know Coors Field.....and our fans.....We can only hope that that ALONE is going to help our boys!

I'll be at Saturday's game so that can only help! I'm their goodluck charm! :D

I still believe! GOOOOO ROCKSSSSSSS!!!!:cheer: :cheer:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I do know Coor Fields, and I certainly haven't counted the Rockies out yet, don't worry. Should be a fun game! Where are your seats for Saturday?

Our seats for tomorrow night's game are in section 225 row 3! We feel very fortunate!

Sunday's game's tickets are in the Rockpile and Monday's tickets are in section 318. Not bad, but Sat's tickets are the best!

I'm excited! It's my first World Series! :cheer: :cheer:

OK, here in Massachusetts it's Red Sox fever. My husband and daughter are glued to the set right now. I'm a little torn as I've lived in MA since 1981, but lived in Boulder in 1979 and left a little piece of my heart there when I drove back to Ohio (where I was returning to college at the time) and said bye bye to the Rockies.... Funny, 'cause I'm originally from NYC and I always root for Boston when they play the Yankees. I can remember working in Government Center in 1986 when the Sox returned from losing the World Series. Boston welcomed them with a parade and crowd as if they'd won! At least I think they lost... It was a long time ago.

I fear to post anything. I still have hope! I just have one thing to say.......

:doh: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps...it's just pretty amazing to be AT A WORLD SERIES GAME! I was very excited and emotional! I just LOVED it! Congrats Red Sox Fans on another amazing game! (can't say I'm a sore loser....right?)

Oh wow NVG, I missed that you actually went to the game. How cool! What a great experience. There was some good ball playing on that field. They are amazing athletes.

sad-smiley-043.gif
sad-smiley-047.gif
sad-smiley-044.gif

I LOVE MY ROCKIES!
love-smiley-075.gif

We'll be there again......you'll see!

Congrats Red Sox....

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice run ... but the Sox were too good.

It is frustrating that the Rockies were nothing like themselves, though. They were starting to get back into the groove, I thought, but just too late.

NEXT SEASON!! (If the Monforts -- grrrr -- don't blow up the team.)

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like I said on Epic, that had to be one of the saddest things I've seen in years. Here they were on their home turf, and they just seemed to give up.

It's funny, there was an unusual amount of Sox fans at Coors, but not that many Rockies fans in Fenway....

But then again, why would someone from CO. have any reason to go to Boston?????

:wink: :p

Ducking and running!!!

Like I said on Epic, that had to be one of the saddest things I've seen in years. Here they were on their home turf, and they just seemed to give up.

It's funny, there was an unusual amount of Sox fans at Coors, but not that many Rockies fans in Fenway....

But then again, why would someone from CO. have any reason to go to Boston?????

:wink: :p

Ducking and running!!!

I have a couple of thoughts:
1) I don't think they gave up, I think the 8 days off effected them; they were a little "Deer in the Headlights" with the whole World Series thingy; they were trying too hard and not hitting like our normal team does!

2) Yes...a lot of Sox fans in Denver. It's an older team. We're a pretty new team. Sox has a history....Denver is trying to make some. Some people just like to root for the "Well Known" team! I'm not a wagon jumper! I've followed the club since day one, and I'm proud of them. They'll do it someday....you just watch! :clap:

3) The size of our stadium and the amount of seats it has (over 50, 445) to Fenway Park's (around 38,000) is a SERIOUS difference. Lots more room for fans of ANY ball park....plus it's fun to come to Colorado! :D

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a couple of thoughts:
1) I don't think they gave up, I think the 8 days off effected them; they were a little "Deer in the Headlights" with the whole World Series thingy; they were trying too hard and not hitting like our normal team does!

DITTO

2) Yes...a lot of Sox fans in Denver. It's an older team. We're a pretty new team. Sox has a history....Denver is trying to make some. Some people just like to root for the "Well Known" team! I'm not a wagon jumper! I've followed the club since day one, and I'm proud of them. They'll do it someday....you just watch! :clap:

DITTO (but not NY-ers, never, ever root for bosox

3) The size of our stadium and the amount of seats it has (over 50, 445) to Fenway Park's (around 38,000) is a SERIOUS difference. Lots more room for fans of ANY ball park....plus it's fun to come to Colorado! :D

DITTO

BOO HOOOOOOO, I really wanted to see Rockies do it. After the first crunching they came back and played well but seemed they got a little panicky after that. They will do it again, got the talent!!

BOO A-ROD, big phony and class-less dude for not being there to receive an award. hissssssss

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna