• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: First lesson question

newboots

Angel Diva
Good evening!

I'm comparing costs of the southern Vermont first lessons, and it occurs to me: I have my own equipment. Will they reduce the cost of the lesson, given that it includes an entire rental package?

I suppose they would, but it seems like one shouldn't hope for cheap in this sport.

Thanks!
Anne

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Call their ski school and ask ... I'm sure it depends by resort, and by whether the intro lessons are already steeply discounted to encourage new skiers.

Jilly

Staff member
Yes, call. The idea is to get people out skiing, so they offer a package. You have your own stuff, so it should just be a lesson only. That should still be cheaper than the package.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree, if you have your own equipment it should definitely be cheaper.

Also when you make the appointment check what experience the instructor you will be with has PSIA (professional ski instructors of america) are levels 1,2,3 I know that some ski areas allow NON certified people to teach lessons, perhaps they'll do a good job but the higher the Level of certification the more skills and experience the instructor will have. Personally I would never invest in a Non certified instructor lesson at any MT.

Also Group lessons some times turn out to be privates or could be busy w/too many people in the class to get 1 on 1 w/teacher.
when you call ask the ratio. student to instructor.
Privates or semi privates may be the way to go if the class size is large.
instructors must keep the class together so it goes as fast as the slowest person in the group. if you 'hook-up" quickly you could get bored being w/others that aren't as quick learning as you may be..
Have fun!!

newboots

Angel Diva
Stratton: $134 for the whole package. No refund. Next time I'll know better!

Great lesson! Bit off too much, later, and got dehydrated, lost all leg strength. Next time I'll know better!

But this is fun!

Lellandra

Certified Ski Diva
Great lesson! Bit off too much, later, and got dehydrated, lost all leg strength. Next time I'll know better!
But this is fun!

My last lesson also ended a little early because my legs gave up and only later I realized I was dehydrated. It is so sneaky, I need to make an effort to drink more liquids every time I'm on the mountain.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, liquids and snacks! Just being out in the cold is actually pretty stressful on the body and uses up a lot of energy.

newboots

Angel Diva
My last lesson also ended a little early because my legs gave up and only later I realized I was dehydrated. It is so sneaky, I need to make an effort to drink more liquids every time I'm on the mountain.

Lellandra, thanks for posting this! I feel better knowing I'm not alone. My water bottle wasn't full and water froze to the sides of it. I did stop to drink once, but the chunks of ice did not appeal and I didn't drink very much.

I can't wait to ski Saturday when NOT dehydrated!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I don't know how far you're willing to go, but this is one of the better deals I've found:

TUESDAY WORKSHOP SPECIAL
LESSON, LUNCH, AND LAUGHS EVERY TUESDAY*
guy-skier.jpg

Tuesdays are the perfect day to spend some time improving your skiing/riding skills or gaining confidence with our special 90 minute workshop. The workshop is the same price as our normal midweek workshops except you will receive a $14 lunch voucher. You can enjoy lunch in the newly renovated Goosefeathers Pub with your friends after the workshop. The workshop will focus on enhancing the skier or riders abilities based on the day's current conditions.

Purchase a half price lift ticket at least four days in advance with our new 4 Gets You 50 on-line promotion, add the Tune-Up Tuesday package and you have lift, lunch and a 90-minute workshop for $75. The workshops start at 10:30am and are segmented by gender.

*Available starting January 3, 2017, excluding holidays.

TUESDAY IS ALSO LADIES DAY!
With two workshop times of 10:30am and 1:30pm, ladies can enroll their child in Mother Goose Child Care for the full day for only $25, complete with a lunch voucher. A workshop on Ladies Ski Day costs $39 and does not include a lift ticket or equipment rental.

Questions
If you have any questions can call 1-603-763-3564 or email [email protected]

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Good evening!

I'm comparing costs of the southern Vermont first lessons, and it occurs to me: I have my own equipment. Will they reduce the cost of the lesson, given that it includes an entire rental package?

I suppose they would, but it seems like one shouldn't hope for cheap in this sport.

Thanks!
Anne

Another option: if you want to wait til January -- just a few short weeks away --- you can take advantage of a number of specials offered by ski areas during Learn to Ski and Snowboard Months. Some of them have great deals for new skiers. The Vermont deals are here. But if you want to look at other states, here's the official Learn To Ski and Snowboard Month website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna