• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Epic Ski is shutting down!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
BTW, I posted about the EpicSki shutdown in my blog today. You can read it here.
Wow. Truly big news for me upon awakening....:frown::mad2:
I have read the epic thread on the subject.
The bottom line is two words: "LOST CONTENT."
(Close to that: friendship/kindship.)
18 years of it.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think picking a few threads, for example Trip Reports and Technique Tips, for saving off content would be valuable. I know the Ski Reviews area content is rich and deep, but gear changes every year.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The sheer number of members and their collective experience meant that you could ask the most obscure, specific question imaginable, and someone would be able to answer it. It's thanks to Epic that I can tune my skis with confidence; a very nice fellow even met me in NJ and gave me a couple of old pair of skis to practice on.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Because of our activity on the Xenforo site, we've known that Huddler was shutting off its platform when the sites contracts were up this year, but we didn't know that MNC was opting to NOT migrate.
Its interesting to say the least.

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is too bad. I only discovered Epic this past winter but I found that the members were supportive and gave helpful advice.

marzNC

Angel Diva
If any Divas would like to download some of their own content from EpicSki, the deadline was extended to May 12, 2017.

Apparently the easiest approach for those using MS Windows or Android is to use HHTracks.

The EpicSki website has been archived since 1999 by the Wayback Machine. But it only captures a snapshot every so often and does not necessarily get everything, especially for long threads.

newboots

Angel Diva
If any Divas would like to download some of their own content from EpicSki, the deadline was extended to May 12, 2017.

Thanks! I expect some will take advantage of this, maybe now that the shock has worn off.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I really liked the gear reviews on epic - yes, skis change every year, but as a family that often buys used skis (especially for the kids), it was really useful to be able to look up skis that are older models.

And, one of my favourite sections has always been trip reports!

SkiMauw

Certified Ski Diva
Our hectic dance season has wound down so I had time to myself and went to Epic to do some searches and found out it was gone. SUPER disappointed. I love it here, but Epic had other supplemental content. I have really just become enough into skiing that I need sites like this in the last couple years. And now one of them is gone. :(

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You are a prime example of someone who is going to find out late in the game.
Imagine someone who looks for Epic in the fall only to find it gone?

On pugski, we saw a flood of members during the announcement. The good thing is that it brought traffic up, and we attracted people who hadn't realized that Phil and I started our own site. The bad news is, along with some of the amazing members, we also got several of the trolls.
The tone we've set is clear and friendly, trying to raise the level of discussion without giving in to the noise.

newboots

Angel Diva
You are a prime example of someone who is going to find out late in the game.
Imagine someone who looks for Epic in the fall only to find it gone?

On pugski, we saw a flood of members during the announcement. The good thing is that it brought traffic up, and we attracted people who hadn't realized that Phil and I started our own site. The bad news is, along with some of the amazing members, we also got several of the trolls.
The tone we've set is clear and friendly, trying to raise the level of discussion without giving in to the noise.

I really hope you can keep the trolling to a minimum. It turned me away from Epic almost completely. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna