• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Drive time between Vail and Aspen

sususkier

Certified Ski Diva
Can anyone tell me how long of a drive it is between Vail and Aspen? Flights are much cheaper from NY to Eagle and I'm wondering if I should fly there and then take a shuttle or rental car to Aspen.

Thank you!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's probably at least an hour and a half to two hours away, depending on road conditions. The good thing is that the airport isn't actually in Vail, it's in Eagle, which is a good half hour west of Vail (towards Aspen). If you were planning on renting a car in Aspen anyway, it certainly might be worth your while if the savings is good and you have time to spare. If you weren't going to have a car, you may find that your flight savings get eaten up by the cost of a rental car or shuttle.

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
The drive from Eagle to Aspen is nothing. Flying into Aspen can get very pricey - and Aspen's airport CLOSES with just a few flurries. If Eagle is cheaper, I'd go with it for sure.

If the weather is bad, it could be a miserable drive - but if the sun is out, you'll pass through Glenwood Canyon and that is gorgeous!

With good weather, I'd say 1.5 hours. With bad weather, who knows?

When are you coming to Aspen!! Send me a PM if you want to make some turns or if you need any Aspen advice!!

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
Interesting post! I'll be near Vail soon and a friend of mine from here wants me to drive to Aspen on Christmas to stay with her at her 3 bedroom condo. It's on the main street of Aspen.

Do you think it's worth that long drive for a night in Aspen?

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Hell yes! Especially in a 3 bedroom on Main St. Lucky!!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting post! I'll be near Vail soon and a friend of mine from here wants me to drive to Aspen on Christmas to stay with her at her 3 bedroom condo. It's on the main street of Aspen.

Do you think it's worth that long drive for a night in Aspen?

You must be from the East Coast! :D That's just a hop, skip, and a jump out here.

(Seriously, I have parents from West Texas who think nothing of driving hundreds of miles to visit someone for a day or two. I used to drive up to, say, Vail just for dinner all the time. Yes, we've caused global warming singlehandedly ... :bag: ... behavior has changed quite a bit, but I have always noticed different regional attitudes about driving, and thought it was kinda funny.)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pinto, you're sooooooo right. When we make our trip to Colorado, we stay at my SIL's house which is an hour away from Abasin. Seems like an okay drive to and from skiing each day. But then, we live in the midwest, in an area where its 45 minutes to everywhere. ;)

Margaritamarcia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We just made the drive the other day back from Aspen to Eagle Vail Airport. From Snowmass (about 20 minutes closer than main St. Aspen) it took us 1 hour exactly with stopping for gas. An EASY drive if the weather is good. If the weather is bad, Aspen Airport will be closed. The shuttle (Colorado Mountain Express) is certainly an option if you don't need a car, but the cost of the round trip may almost equal a rental.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna