• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Divas on Instagram? Hashtag #theskidiva anyone?

Christy

Angel Diva
One note, once you hashtag anyone can see your photos if they search that hashtag, unless you've set your privacy settings so that only your followers can see them. Most people don't do this--Instagram is generally considered a more public site than Facebook. People want other random people to see their photos (again, generally). So also you wouldn't want to put directions to your favorite powder stash there.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely needs more content, guys! Diva West is a great opportunity. But pretty much any time two Divas get together.

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I still can't figure this app out. I can post to my own account and I can search and find the #theskidiva account, but I can't figure out how to post to it. The icons used on this app have never made any sense to me at all. Oh well, some day.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I still can't figure this app out. I can post to my own account and I can search and find the #theskidiva account, but I can't figure out how to post to it. The icons used on this app have never made any sense to me at all. Oh well, some day.

When you post your photo to your account you use a # in your caption.

For example: in your caption you can write... Best ski day ever! #theskidiva #ilovetoski #skitheeast

Now you've tagged three different hashtags. So anyone that searches "theskidiva" "ilovetoski" or "skitheeast" can see your photo.

Christy

Angel Diva
^^^^

Exactly. You don't post "to" any other account but your own, you just use a hashtag, which then comes up when people search or when they click on the hashtag under someone's photo. So yeah, at first, you might wonder well who is going to search #theskidiva? The idea is that as people post using that hashtag, their friends might be curious then click on the hashtag and see other photos, and word gets spread that way.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love Instagram and will try and remember to use #theskidiva hashtag. Also you can post hashtags on facebook as well. I'm not sure how those get categorized but I assume there's some way to search the internet and find the non instagram hashtags as well.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love Instagram and will try and remember to use #theskidiva hashtag. Also you can post hashtags on facebook as well. I'm not sure how those get categorized but I assume there's some way to search the internet and find the non instagram hashtags as well.

You would need to post globally, not just to your friends, for it to be searchable on facebook. Or maybe you could see it only if you were friends with the person who posted with the hashtag.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just seeing this thread, great idea! I am erin_librarian on Insta if anyone wants to follow along. I mostly post pictures of skiing and books :smile:

I echo the sentiment above that that hashtags are used for indexing but are also used as comedy. I also do something like, #girlswhoski #chicksonsticks #skilaketahoe #shreddyshred ... and then go into funnier stuff like #ifyouarenotfallingyouarenottrying or #skithetreestoescapethetourists

Will start adding #theskidiva

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna