• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Divas on Instagram? Hashtag #theskidiva anyone?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good idea! I never remember to use instagram and end up just posting to facebook, but if I do remember, maybe I'll remember the hashtag, too?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Editing subject for hashtag because I think that's what people will remember.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good idea. Looking forward to following hashtag theskidiva, especially pictures from Diva West '17. Or does that deserve it's own hashtag, e.g. divawest2017?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good idea. Looking forward to following hashtag theskidiva, especially pictures from Diva West '17. Or does that deserve it's own hashtag, e.g. divawest2017?

Both?

Although I'll admit I have friends, especially those in the business, who use like 15 hashtags for everything, and it's kinda out of control.

But two is just categorizing ...

Christy

Angel Diva
I see three posts with #theskidiva and they are all of divas!

This is a good use of a hashtag. I don't hashtag anything I post on instagram because I don't want strangers knowing where the places are. There are certain hiking/outdoors destinations that have become overrun in the past few years due to social media insanity. But when you want publicity, it's great.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All I know is, I am looking forward to lots of photos from Diva West! I'd been planning to go, but with the injury, I didn't want to spend all the money on lodging just to ski for an hour or two a day. Also my ego tends to get a workout in groups, and I don't need temptation to ski harder than I should be.

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess this will force me to finally figure out how to use Instagram. I've posted stuff, but I can never remember from one post to the next how to do it. I have to look up directions each time. Duh.

I found the public site #theskidiva. Now how do I post directly to that site? Questions, questions.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess this will force me to finally figure out how to use Instagram. I've posted stuff, but I can never remember from one post to the next how to do it. I have to look up directions each time. Duh.

I found the public site #theskidiva. Now how do I post directly to that site? Questions, questions.

Er ... what do you mean public site?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Instagram tutorial:

Instagram is a phone app, not a website. So you have to get the app and make an account.
I am "geargrrl" on Instagram.
Hashtags are interest identifiers. You can have followers or people find your photos by hashtags. "likes" are always a good thing. :smile:

Here are some screen shots that might help.

1. Here' is a photo I uploaded and then put some hashtags on it for Mt Spokane, etc.
"#spokanedoesntsuck" is a local favorite.

IMG_7960.PNG#

You can pull up photos of a theme/identifier by searching just for the hashtag. Not too many entries yet for "#theskidiva" (only 3 so far)

IMG_7961.PNG

#skidaysarethebestdays has several thousand photos tagged...
IMG_7962.PNG

You can do fun little collages too. Here's from my most recent weekend. You can see I hashtagged for the resort and the town.

IMG_7959.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_7959.PNG
    IMG_7959.PNG
    283.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would just add that hashtags are basically "canned" searches or groupings. It's like filing things, only anyone can add a new picture to the "file folder." What's nice is that instead of searching "the ski diva," which is ambiguous and could return all sorts of results as the search engine tries to interpret the best results - "#theskidiva" is unambiguous. I want images tagged as #theskidiva. Period.

(Not sure if my paragraph there helps or hurts. If it doesn't help, ignore!)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly