• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demo requests?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My shop team will be participating in the Midwest Reps Test Fest from Feb 14-16 this year. There will be 4 of us testing the skis:

1) Heavyweight female, technically proficient, skis fast, but more finess than power.
2) Heavyweight male, power skier, what he lacks in technique, he makes up for in brawn and balls.
3) Midweight female, older and slowing down some, upper intermediate to advanced, but getting more cautious with age.
4) Lightweight female, timid, previously injured, beginner to intermediate.

Does anyone have any particular skis that they'd like input on from one of our testers (keeping in mind that this is the midwest and we're unlikely to see many models over the 100/110 mm waist width)?

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossignol Sky HD W. I want to know if it can handle hardpack and boiler plate now.

Thanks!!!

Tennessee

Angel Diva
I am interested in the new (last year) Volkl Kenja. How is the new model with tip and tail rocker different than the older model? Does it need to be skied in a longer length due to more rocker?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Would love another perspective on the Armada Victa 87ti. I only got to try this in very soft conditions and in a too short length, but I really liked it and so want to be able to try it again in other conditions.

@Fluffy Kitty I will be interested to hear what volklgirl has to say if she gets on the Rossignol Sky HD W. I demoed it here in New England (just one run) and found it held a surprisingly good edge; I really expected it to fall down on the scrape and it held its own. I did not have it on boilerplate - conditions were a couple inches of new over regular New England scrape, nothing super icy or rutted.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed it here in New England (just one run) and found it held a surprisingly good edge; I really expected it to fall down on the scrape and it held its own. I did not have it on boilerplate - conditions were a couple inches of new over regular New England scrape, nothing super icy or rutted.
Cool! Thank you for posting that! I'm not in the market, yet, but I was hoping that the Sky would be my next daily driver, and that sounds encouraging.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Jilly - Yes, the 2018s. This is the SIA of the Midwest.

The BP 98 is definitely on my personal radar as I LIVED the Samba, and it looks like they're offering a 173, so at least mostly long enough for me.

I was wowed by the Invictus last time, so I'll for sure be hunting down the Victa line for comparison.

Strangely, I have yet to get on ANY of the Kenjas. It's on my list for this year, finally.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you don't you may need to relinquish the title "volklgirl", lol.
Since I have it's original predecessor - the Karma, and a very similar ski - the Hart Lady Twin, as well as the original Aura, of course, I've had no reason to be curious.

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
Volklgirl, I'm just now noticing your post--were you at Boyne Mountain? I was there with a few others from our shop and I rode a bunch of skis (34 in two days).
What did you like/not like?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was, and got onto 33 skis in 3 days. I haven't had a chance to tabulate and compile my 33, hubby's 30, mom's 20-something, and her friend's 10-15 or so yet. Right now I'm busy doing our taxes, but I'll likely get started on my reviews next week.

My big stand-outs: Blizzard Bonafide (we both thought this could be our everyday ski, and we spent extended play time on it); the Head Wild Joy; and, of course, most of the Volkl lines (along with Head, it's obvious they did something to the cores on their lightweight, carbon-based skis as I now LOVE both the 100-Eight and the 90-Eight after having hated them their introductory year, just like the Head Joys). On a side note - the Volkl guys and gals stashed their premium V-Werks Code for me to come back to later and I got on it for my last set of runs on my last day. O. M. G. My highest speed runs (over 60 mph), and all I needed to do was simply remain upright. They turned totally on their own, with no imput from me at all. What. A. Hoot.!!

My biggest piss-off was the Line tent. I was clear that I usually ski hard and faston men's skis and need a length between 170 and 180, and the jerk looked at me and put me on the 165 Soulmate 86. W. T. H. Jerk.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
O. M. G. My highest speed runs (over 60 mph), and all I needed to do was simply remain upright.
I don't know, @volklgirl… My brain just shuts down around 35 mph. :tongue:

And where would you go to get that kind of speed? Birds of Prey?

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
My biggest piss-off was the Line tent. I was clear that I usually ski hard and faston men's skis and need a length between 170 and 180, and the jerk looked at me and put me on the 165 Soulmate 86. W. T. H. Jerk.
I liked the Head Wild Joys as well (liked the Super Joys better)...
FWIW, the Line guys are a self admitted "guys shop" and they're trying to crawl out of it. I know the younger guy so I was introduced to the two older guys. They asked what I thought of their graphics on the ladies skis. "The one that looks like someone barfed up orange sherbet? Meh."

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
Would love another perspective on the Armada Victa 87ti. I only got to try this in very soft conditions and in a too short length, but I really liked it and so want to be able to try it again in other conditions.

I tried the Armada Victa 87 at Loveland when I was in Colorado. It carved nicely and handled speed. The conditions weren't too soft and it didn't disappoint.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was super disappointed to not get time to hit up the Armada tent this time around - the Invictus wowed me last time. I didn't even see Liberty there.....RATS!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna