• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Climbing skins cheat sheets?

elemmac

Angel Diva
I'm still very new to the backcountry world. I got my first pair off AT bindings and skins last year, mounted them and hiked with them twice, late in the season. Since my skins are still new, and VERY sticky, I haven't liked sticking them together (glue to glue). Anybody have any experience with cheat sheets? Any recommendations? Any do-it-yourself cheat skin separators?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use the plastic/rubber mesh that came with my skins - I put one skin on each side. It's definitely easier than pulling them apart from themselves/each other.

elemmac

Angel Diva
How about brands for separators? I have BCA skins, but they didn't come with sheets inbetween, just a heavy duty paper (like the back of a sticker). I've kept the paper as a temporary solution, but I know they're not going to hold up too long.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I once brought my skins to the sop asking them to cut then down for new skis. I had them stuck to each other. The shop guy threw a hissy fit and gave me a new cheat sheet. So, yes, they have them around. On the other hand, my Avy 1 guide says they're stupid. :noidea:

I use them. It's just easier, although they do get less sticky over time, so that sticking them to each other isn't so hard to deal with anymore.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
not from my side, I usea cheat sheet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly