• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Canadian Ski Coach Found Guilty of Sexual Assault

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I know we've talked about unwanted sexual advances here on the forum. And a couple years ago, I did a blog post about a Canadian ski coach who was facing charges of sexual assault. Well, I just learned there's been a verdict: the coach has been found guilty of 37 charges of sexual assault and sexual exploitation.

Deplorable doesn't even begin to describe it.

You can read more about it here.

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
The names of the defendants were not disclosed, but none the less some might be just yesterday's stars. Some of these girls were only 12 years old. So glad for the ladies that stepped up and were heard.

Any of the Canadian news outlets have similar stories.

newboots

Angel Diva
No matter the sport, these cases are painfully similar. How pathetic that someone in a position where he is admired and has considerable power, would use it to exploit kids sexually. I hope for a long sentence.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Horrible on so many levels. I am hopeful that we can educate girls and women that none of this is acceptable and provide resources to stop this much sooner. There is no punishment that can take away the harm he did to these women.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Horrible on so many levels. I am hopeful that we can educate girls and women that none of this is acceptable and provide resources to stop this much sooner. There is no punishment that can take away the harm he did to these women.

It happens to boys, too - look at the Catholic church history, or the coach at Penn State.

I can well imagine there is so much on the line for these kids - they don't want to rock the boat and ruin their chances. And usually the abuser is whispering poison in their ears about what will happen if they tell ...

*shudder*

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It happens to boys, too - look at the Catholic church history, or the coach at Penn State.

I can well imagine there is so much on the line for these kids - they don't want to rock the boat and ruin their chances. And usually the abuser is whispering poison in their ears about what will happen if they tell ...

*shudder*

Yes, you are correct. I did not mean to exclude boys. It is such a horrible crime with lasting effects.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, you are correct. I did not mean to exclude boys. It is such a horrible crime with lasting effects.

Couldn't bring myself to "like" this. But, yes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna