• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best skis for Alpine Exams - (East Coast)

Midlifeaddiction

Certified Ski Diva
I know I've come to the right place. O.K. My Level II ski exam is coming up and I've already taken it 2 times. I know you should be able to do whatever on whatever, BUT. (We're talking east coast skiing) First time I took it and bombed on the skills. (I was skiing on Kastle MRX 88's and too stiff boots). Last year I aced the skills and now need to do all mountain skiing and versatility/agility. I used my Fischer R4's which have a tiny radius so I turned like crazy. But they are really stiff in the tail and I didn't do so great in the bumps, my Kastle's would have been awesome but everything was a sheet of ice. So I have tuned down race skis and big 88 all mountains. Am I crazy to be trying to use either of these extreme skis for all the tasks and human ski tricks? For all mountain, I need grip if it's icy and if there is any snow, I'll need softies for the bumps and crud. Any experienced comments on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd suggest a medium stiff, 70-something waist, 15-18 radius carver. Kastles tend to have fairly stiff tails, so I wouldn't recommend them for this task. There's lots of suitable models out there.

Jilly

Staff member
My Hero's would be perfect for you. And your cause is exactly why I bought them..My CSIA 3.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was working toward my L3 on my SL race skis and Volkl 6 Stars back in the day, but our hills are only 375-450', so tons of turns is not a problem.

Jilly

Staff member
I'm thinking with our east coast conditions a tuned down race ski is the one....

Midlifeaddiction

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks. Gonna go with the Kastle's. We're gonna get about 8" of snow and the moguls will be bumped up. Wish I had some Nordicas...

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Agree with Snow Addict!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna