• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best Apres Ski Bars?

Tvan

Angel Diva
I like Grizzly's at Stratton for all the reasons @pinto listed PLUS the grilled cheese sammiches with bacon and apples. Boom.

mustski

Angel Diva
I prefer a quieter Après scene than most people I think. The ones I like are not crazy party spots.

Jilly

Staff member
At Tremblant - Fat Mardi's, la Petit Caribou and Le Diable. Will be interesting to see what the new owners have done at the Caribou. Re-opening on Friday July 1st!

Whistler - they showed the Garibaldi Lift Co, but I usually stay over on the Blackcomb side. So usually Merlin's.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I prefer a quieter Après scene than most people I think. The ones I like are not crazy party spots.
Us, too. More like a locals place than a tourist one. And I need to be able to hear the people I'm with, too. (I feel like I'm old and grumpy but I'm really NOT . . . quite.)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Whistler - they showed the Garibaldi Lift Co, but I usually stay over on the Blackcomb side. So usually Merlin's.
Both fun, huh? Garibaldi's is so crowded but definitely fun. Or was when I was younger. Also the one at Squaw used to be called Bar One. Really fun when I was in my 30's....

Jilly

Staff member
I like the Caribou if it's a quiet night. Saturday night. .too crowded, too noisy. Fat's and the Microbrasserie are quieter. And at Fats I'm considered staff so. ..cheaper wine!

altagirl

Staff member
We've never been to Whistler in the winter, but on our summer trips, DH always declares the GLC to be his one true happy place.

And we've been to the Moosewirt at St. Anton, but always preferred the Crazy Kangaruh (just up the hill).

Despite my love of loud rock music i prefer quiet bars where i can hear the people I'm with. Pretty much what pinto says. Whether I'm at bromley or mount snow, basically the mountain base lodge pub is fine.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't do bars after skiing anymore, part of a past life. However, the local ski bar, the Bierstube, was supposedly called the best bar in Canada once by some Canadian radio station, so it must be good.... Since this isn't Canada. I've never been in it myself. I just know you should never tell them it's your first time in there... The tourists here go to a different bar, the 'Stube is where the locals go -- ski patrol, instructors, lifties, and those who hang with them, etc.

I go home these days.

Christy

Angel Diva
Looking through that slide show the word that came to mind with many of those was douchey (can I say that?). I so would not want to party with those shirtless guys or crowd surfers. Even when I was 21 that wasn't my idea of a great bar.

I love the idea of apres but I can't think of a true apres bar that I really like. People here love the Snorting Elk at Crystal but we always need to get home to the dog so we've never been. Assuming I'm on vacation I usually I end up going back to the hotel for a shower then we go out for drinks before dinner.

Actually the best apres ski bar is when I'm done teaching for the day and I'm in the employee lounge with all my comrades and we are sharing in our end of day beer. People bring in cheese, crackers, niblies, its really like a party after every ski day.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh dear I have to admit to having been to four of these bars,one of them(La Folie above la Daille) as recently as February.The shame of it!! I've even been dragged up onto a table to dance in Brev on the same trip. At my age etc.etc. Generally though my alcohol intake is limited and I'm in bed quite early.At home here in NZ I've just come in from the spa pool and am relaxing with a glass of pinot after a day dodging the sharklike rocks at Mount Hutt. Fun but so glad to have a pair of rockskis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna