• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Armada Victa 87

lisamamot

Angel Diva
:thumb: I tried the Armada Victa 87ti 163 (I expect I would want the 171) in extremely soft conditions (as in raining) a couple weeks ago, but I loved it and cannot wait to try it in super firm conditions. It was fast, easy turning, smooth even in that length. I am definitely putting it on the list for my daughter to try when we replace her ski.

JNo

Diva in Training
:thumb: I tried the Armada Victa 87ti 163 (I expect I would want the 171) in extremely soft conditions (as in raining) a couple weeks ago, but I loved it and cannot wait to try it in super firm conditions. It was fast, easy turning, smooth even in that length. I am definitely putting it on the list for my daughter to try when we replace her ski.

Sounds really good! Im 165cm, would you prefer the 163 cm skis or the 171 cm?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds really good! Im 165cm, would you prefer the 163 cm skis or the 171 cm?

That question can't be answered without knowledge about your skill level and preferred terrain ... where do you ski, what, and how well? ;-)

JNo

Diva in Training
That question can't be answered without knowledge about your skill level and preferred terrain ... where do you ski, what, and how well? ;-)

I would say intermediate. Most of the time in the piste with different condiotions, but also off piste. I want a ski that works all over the mountain and that is also smooth and pretty easy to handle

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would say intermediate. Most of the time in the piste with different condiotions, but also off piste. I want a ski that works all over the mountain and that is also smooth and pretty easy to handle

I would go slightly shorter than your height, rather than longer. So 163. Especially since 163 is closer to your height than 171.

Here's a *very general* reference: https://www.backcountry.com/explore/how-to-pick-the-right-ski-length

"a beginner should start somewhere under the chin and work up to the nose, while an advanced skier can start at the nose and continue up from there. Here’s a basic guide to choosing the right ski length based on height and weight."

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I would go slightly shorter than your height, rather than longer. So 163. Especially since 163 is closer to your height than 171.

Here's a *very general* reference: https://www.backcountry.com/explore/how-to-pick-the-right-ski-length

"a beginner should start somewhere under the chin and work up to the nose, while an advanced skier can start at the nose and continue up from there. Here’s a basic guide to choosing the right ski length based on height and weight."
That's the first "very general" reference that actually seems right. Typically the suggestion for me based on height/weight is 142 cm..... This chart has me on 152-157 cm which is about right. My Sambas are 152 and Rossi Saffron 7's are 162..... Previous skis have been in the 150's and decades ago I was on Rossignol Bandit 170's and then Salomon ? 185's.... In the early 80's I had "The Ski" in a 160 and then a few years later a 170.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's the first "very general" reference that actually seems right.

It has me at 160cm by height and 195cm by weight :noidea:.

Which of course just means that for those of us who are either tall or short for our weight, we have to figure things out on our own. My experience is that my personal sweet spot is between 165cm (my height) and 172cm, for every type of ski. My interpretation of that is that my weight bumps the length for me a little, but not nearly to the extent that charts would suggest. Which makes sense - there's a leverage problem when your legs stay short, but your skis get long.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It has me at 160cm by height and 195cm by weight :noidea:.

Which of course just means that for those of us who are either tall or short for our weight, we have to figure things out on our own. My experience is that my personal sweet spot is between 165cm (my height) and 172cm, for every type of ski. My interpretation of that is that my weight bumps the length for me a little, but not nearly to the extent that charts would suggest. Which makes sense - there's a leverage problem when your legs stay short, but your skis get long.
I can see there are some adjustments that would need to be made. Funny thing is if I have new bindings that need a DIN setting, you wouldn't believe the setting based on my ability, height, weight, and age. I'd kill myself flying out of my skis if the setting was 3 -3.5.... So I just say I'm an expert skier or take 10 years + off my age.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can see there are some adjustments that would need to be made. Funny thing is if I have new bindings that need a DIN setting, you wouldn't believe the setting based on my ability, height, weight, and age. I'd kill myself flying out of my skis if the setting was 3 -3.5.... So I just say I'm an expert skier or take 10 years + off my age.

In 11 years, I plan to lock my age in at 49 forever. Or magically become a type 3+, assuming I'm still choosing type 3 ("prefer binding not to release").

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried the men's version a couple years ago and fell madly in love.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I wrote a short review on these skis last winter (Note: in my review this is actually the Victa not Invicta as I originally thought it was named)

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...17-part-1-head-blizzard-armada-fischer.20522/

After re-reading my review, I'm actually pretty pumped about the way the ski community has taken to these skis. Armada was always known as a small, park-oriented brand. But between this women's ski and the men's counterpart, Armada really hit a home run in diving into more versatile, carvable ski.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna