• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone into American Football?

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I will have a serious chat with the headchoach soon ... I have to know if he will change the actual training to a more interesting one in winter/spring or if he does the same things all year round.
I still can't understand why the training isn't more versatile ... they play in the second german womans footballdivision and training is worse than 8yr. old kiddies would have.

Hopefully your coach will be open to your feedback!

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hopefully your coach will be open to your feedback!

I hope so too ... I will have to be very very careful when I will write him an email about my thoughts ... I also will ask other girls what kind of training they do in winter etc etc ... very careful as I know that the coach does not like too much critical remarks ... well see and I will keep you informed!:smile:

Today I went to the gym and did the full training circle. Its the first time I did it 100% since the 'accident' with my shoulder. I'll see tomorrow if my arm is ok or not. Never thought that running backwards on the treadmill is so tiring ... but it gets the back muscles of the legs a good excercise ... pulled a muscle there 10yrs ago and it always hurts after training. Since I run backwards its gone!!! :becky::becky::becky:

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was right ... even indoor training is the same as the outside one ... got an email from the coach with the trining programme for today ...
Running back training
Line men training
Quarteback passing routes training (for Receivers)

My gosh why not some Linebacker Cornerback Training?

I stay in Switzerland and get my body in shape ... gets better by the week!

PS: I still don't know if I should write that email to the coach or not ...

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just a little update ...
... Workouts 2-3 times a week ... my motivation at the moment is very low ... can't understand why we do not better training.
Today I found out that the team christmas dinner has a strict dresscode ... evening dress for the ladies and tuxedo for the men ...
My gosh I don't have one and I wont wear one .... never ever .... there will be no christmas team dinner for me ... I stick to my priciples clotheswise ... :becky:

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No news at the moment ... I'm down with some sort of flu since weeks. I can't barely go to the gym at the moment. :rolleyes:

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Time for some news!!!!! :D
After the flu and some down time due to a nervous breakdown I started again with the football training in germany. Not much new to train ... just the same things all the time. And still very little defence and tackle training!!! I was getting worried about the first game.

I must say that my love Anita plays football too!!! She's a talent and I can coach her a little bit at home or if we can't go to the training in Stuttgart.

1st game agains Dresden Diamonds:
7h drive fith a very nice bus brought the team from stuttgart to dresden. The drive was uneventful.
Warm-up and some exercices as usual ...
I wasn't in the starter formation (not in defence ofence kick-off etc). I thought maybe they let me play for some time. I'm not a rookie so I'm used to play. But in the end I was in for just two defense plays ... very dissaponting. Our team lost the game 28:6 .... the defence had no chance against the other girls playing very well.
Pictures can be seen at my facebook album (open for all)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2087232341680.125116.1271336511

Two weeks later...
2nd game gainst Mainz Golden Eagles in Stuttgart.
Same situation ... still no defense training. Coaches are confident that we will win this game without problems.
Weather was hot and I was in for some 4 defence plays ... still not as much as I would like. I saw some video footage of the game later and I am only a little bit slower than the younger girls.
Anyway ... we lost the game ... the defence was not able to hold back the offense.

I must say that I am VERY disapointed with the situation. Having invested a lot of money, time and love for the game and in the end I still do not play at least 50% of the defence plays ...
I spoke already with the team captains about this situation ... maybe something will change in the near future.

Next gameday is Saturday against the Bochum Miners.:becky:

PS: I am #71 ....

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
3rd game against Bochum Miners in Bochum.

This time I was in the starting defense!!! We lost the game but we played very well and the coaches where quite happy with us. I was left linebacker for most of the defense plays. Had some problems because of the lack of defense training .... but in the end I got better and better.
Had a talk with the coach about the defense training. Maybe something will change!!!!
I am tired but my muscles do not ache much. For my age of 50 I am happy with that!!!
:becky:

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Important new this time. You know all that I wasn't happy with the training/coach ... so I and my GF Anita decided to play the last game and then decide if we would stay with the team or not.
We where very dissapointed that in the last game (July 2nd 2011) the coach did not used us a player ... not even as back-ups ... so Anita and I left the team after the game. Later we wrote an email to all players and coaches and explained the situation. We got only 2 replies ... no one else wrote back. Now we do football training in switzerland. A lot of drills and exercises can be done even if your team has only 2 players ...
There is another footballteam in Germany we could join and then there is our project of our own swiss/austrian team ...

PS: the game itself was won. 1st time they won a game. But only because the other team had 3 injured player one of the their very clever quarterback.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna