• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any ladies here on the volkl one ?

chantalfelten

Certified Ski Diva
I think I am gonna give thus whole full rocker a shot this year for my pow ski. But I am torn for size and hoping to get some input.

I am 5.10 and175 pounds..ski at an intermediate /expert level...I gave only taken one true lesson, which classed me as level 6 - and man did I learn a lot that day :smile:...

Up till now my usual pow skis are the dps 112 at 179. They are super easy to ski , easy to turn and do well in pretty much all snow conditions...I did try the 184 on aheli ski day and they were fine as well in the open and untracked but when it got tight and manky...lower elevation tree skiing etc they were a handful ....hence i am skeptical of the 186 ones ....

Any ladies out there on the ones that could provide some feedback on how they ski , especially in tracked , soft snow bumps, I am sure I can handle them in a sweet heli pow field ...question is would I survive skiing down whistler bowl mid day....when it's soft but tracked out and steep ;)

My other skis are a 176 salomon 98 (love) and a 177 nordica wildfire which at 107 underfoot with early ride and just a slight tail rocker will be my go to everyday but a pow day ski

Cheers ...

And yes the release of the 2015 farmers almanac has send me into pow fever

chantalfelten

Certified Ski Diva
well patience....not my virtue and since I found a pair of the 186 for 375 includinh shipping I figured might as well start my quad workouts today instead of end of September and get my big girl pants to ski them big boyskis ...Yikes ...

mustski

Angel Diva
I have no input on the One but I do love Volkls. I'm sure you will enjoy them either way and I totally feel your enthusiasm and lack of "ahem" patience in the face of a great deal!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wish I could help you out, but I already have the non-rockered Kiku at 105, the rockered Kiku at 106, the Katana at 111, the Shiro at 119, and the Kuro at 132.....pretty sure the One is not in my near future. :cool: With the rocker and softer construction, I'm sure you'll be fine on the 186s. Enjoy!!!!

chantalfelten

Certified Ski Diva
Holy cow, now I feel like a whimp :smile:....you have the Shiro and the Kuro....!!! I kinda wanted the Volkl Two, but was worried it just be too much ski, since in Whistler, you get all kinds of conditions and I figured the One would be a bit more versatile...
The Shiro was very high on my list as well...I actually couldn't decide for awhile between the one and the shiro, but in the end ...the sale won :smile:...
If anybody else wants to check out the sale : https://www.bahnhof.com/Vokl/Search

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Kiku and Shiro have become my go-to skis, even here in the land of 6" "powder days" and 400' hills. The Shio is very much a split personality ski - fun and swivelly when it's play time, but with guts, grit, and teeth when it's carve time. It truly doers give back whatever you put it. The only "meh" thing I've found (besides true ice, of course) is it's too light and soft to be a hard charger in crud like the Kiku. The Shiro prefers to go slowly and pick it's way down. That's gone with me, though, as it's my preference, too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna