• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any Hockey fans out there?

Jilly

Staff member
S$%T, was was hoping for Washington. Don't like Philly. Well they got the streets cleaned up in Montreal I hear. Drunks!! And according to the Gazette, they will be ready next time.:nono:

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Triple OT

What a nail biter! Sharks vs Stars are in triple ot right now! I am going to need a massage after this to get rid of the knots in my shoulders from watching this!

Sharks need to win this and the next to win the round... If Stars win tonight, the go on..

Go Sharks!
Connie

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a nail biter! Sharks vs Stars are in triple ot right now! I am going to need a massage after this to get rid of the knots in my shoulders from watching this!

Sharks need to win this and the next to win the round... If Stars win tonight, the go on..

Go Sharks!
Connie

:loco: I'm still here. And I'm sleepy! But this is amazing. I''m glad I don't really care who wins, or I'd be going even more :loco:!! But what a GAME ... and Turco has been unreal. Nabby, not bad either!

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
I was rooting for the Habs....but....they're done :(.

Then I was rooting for the Sharks-had the pleasure of watching Torrey Mitchell play 3 years here at UVM- but they're done too.

Oh well.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was rooting for the Habs....but....they're done :(.

Then I was rooting for the Sharks-had the pleasure of watching Torrey Mitchell play 3 years here at UVM- but they're done too.

Oh well.

Then please start rooting for the Red Wings, so they can be done, too. :laugh:

Okay, not really.

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sniff sniff... hockey AND ski season over for me... But, mtn bike season has begun!

And me with my first collection of bruises this evening!

Jilly

Staff member
Joined the facebook group and signed the petition. Pay the women what she wants. Geez, its an institution. And on that note, why doesn't CBC just buy the thing!

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love hockey! GO WINGS!

When I was a kid, my next door neighbors where really big into hockey and played out on our lake all of the time. They used to always recruit me and my twin sister to play golie for them. We would gladly ablige even though we had figure skates on and no pads or helmets. One of our neighbor's friends used to play regularily with us, and later became a big time hockey player for the NHL. His name Pat LaFontaine. I'm pretty sure that he played for the Rangers.

We used to have a lot of fun, and fortunatly never suffered any long-term injuries or any major wounds from playing without the right equipment. :D

Jilly

Staff member
I grew up with Rick Meagher - St.Louis Blues. That family always had a rink in the front yard with lights. I didn't play hockey, as girls figure skate, I took up skiing instead. But Saturday night was always HNIC. Since then I've followed many local kids that have made the NHL. Doing away with an institution like the HNIC theme song is just un-Canadian!! Now there is a contest for the next theme. Most likely it'll be Stompin Tom's Hockey Song - NOOOOOO!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Most likely it'll be Stompin Tom's Hockey Song - NOOOOOO!

Meh. I mean, it's not a bad choice, given the options, but it's played in all arenas, isn't it? With the requisite change of "Bobby" to whatever offensive star there is on the team (like, it used to be "Bondra scores" for us). The HNIC theme was a good choice b/c it didn't have words.

Jilly

Staff member
This Saturday Oct 4th, 2 games from Sweden will be televised on the CBC. After that it will be normal Saturday nights with CBC and hockey!!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
College hockey starts up this weekend as well with exhibition games. We get to play a school I've never heard of, yippee! :wink:

ski&bfree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"We are all Canucks!" At least I am.... anyone else?

Actually, we're the minority here!

I'll continue to watch my Leaf boys, even though they aren't doing so great:bag:. Of course, I love Ottawa, too! In fact, I really don't care who's playing - I'll watch any team!

For the Canadians and northern US divas here....what do you think about the retirement of the Hockey Night in Canada Theme song? <sniffle>
I saddened by their move to change the song. The old one was so catchy - I loved it!!! This new song is hard to remember and it just doesn't suit the overall tone. I don't know, I hate it! Anyone else?

Jilly

Staff member
Some background on the song. The rights to the song were owned by CBC for a length of time. That time expired last spring. The owners couldn't come to a deal. So the owner sold it to CTV. Its looks good on CTV and bad on CBC. The new song and contest just doesn't do it for me either.

As for teams - I'm in the middle of the triangle. Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. So long as they aren't playing each other ----.

We have some terrific Junior A teams around here too!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna