• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All Things Mammoth 2011/2012!

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks. I just keep dancing and hoping. I may take the new skis for a test run on the groomers next weekend. We'll see.:dancing:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sure you are dying to get them out!! Sounds like SV has had great cold night time temps to make lots of snow, so conditions might not be bad! Is the storm forecast for Tuesday supposed to bring them much snow? The amount forecast for here is going up every hour, I swear!!!

:yahoo:

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If it does snow while Sierra is taking a lesson, do try to get a picture! I'll bet she'd love having that framed in her room.

As for SV, snow is now "likely" instead of "possible" though not much accumulation. As long as the temps stay low and it's dry they'll make snow. I'm hoping I can buzz up next weekend, but DH has been very sick this weekend (and last week) so we'll see what his doctors say first; kinda worried.

But if it's possible, I will be there!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a fun and exciting prospect to have your daughter enjoy skiing!
Looks beautiful up there. Love your jacket! Hope your luck with the group lesson hold and you get a private/semi-private!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a fun and exciting prospect to have your daughter enjoy skiing!
Looks beautiful up there. Love your jacket! Hope your luck with the group lesson hold and you get a private/semi-private!

Thanks, Vicki. I think it's a bit boring but it is VERY functional and comfortable. Hope to ski with you soon!!

Thanks very much, I really appreciate your prayers.

He's in my thoughts and prayers, too. I'm really sorry to hear he's not feeling well again. :(

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He's in my thoughts and prayers, too. I'm really sorry to hear he's not feeling well again. :(

Thanks so much - we have the first dr appt today so we'll see what they say.

Have fun at your lesson today! Make sure to give us a report, I'm so eager to hear what instructors have to say. And I'm SO GLAD your new liners are working. When is your Peewee's lesson?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks so much - we have the first dr appt today so we'll see what they say.

Have fun at your lesson today! Make sure to give us a report, I'm so eager to hear what instructors have to say. And I'm SO GLAD your new liners are working. When is your Peewee's lesson?

Peewee's lesson is tomorrow! I'm bringing my camera today and if my instructor is either 1) way cool or 2) super hot, I'll get a picture of or with them!
:wink:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love skiing when it's snowing! I have a feeling I'm going to be watching her lesson vs. skiing. I had an AMAZING lesson today-turned out to be a private and the guy has been skiing and teaching for 40 years and ate it up when I told him to get technical on me! We had a ball and he had me skiing down multiple black diamonds faster than ever!

Then my lesson ended and I was so tired my technique went all to heck. :smile: It was still very flattering to hear that I'm a much better skier than I give myself credit for. :D

Anyway, I'm really exhausted and might take a day off tomorrow. We'll see how I feel in the morning and if it snows. (How can I not ski if it's snowing??!!) I'd love to watch Peewee's lesson, though. So we'll see!!

Oh, and conditions up here are quite amazing on the groomers. Especially mid-mountain and up. I guess the very top is pretty wind-scoured and "fast" per my DH. He skied a double black and got his *ss handed to him. :eek: :becky: I have no desire to ski from the top for many reasons, that being one of them!

More pics to come!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Today was a great day to be skiing Mammoth. Nice snow on the groomers, very pleasant weather, and nobody on the hill. I felt like I owned the runs. :clap:

We all hope it snows tomorrow!!!

mustski

Angel Diva
Snow dance! Have fun and be sure to take pictures and video of the little one's lesson. My big regret is that I missed the video opportunity with my little guy's first lesson.:jealous:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today was a great day to be skiing Mammoth. Nice snow on the groomers, very pleasant weather, and nobody on the hill. I felt like I owned the runs. :clap:

We all hope it snows tomorrow!!!

Believe it or not, Sunday wasn't much more crowded! We have yet to wait in a lift line. I made several runs down Wall Street by myself, which I love because I can let loose a little and push my speed limit without worrying about crashing in front of someone! We'll meet up this week for sure. I don't know how I can NOT ski today if it starts snowing.

Snow dance! Have fun and be sure to take pictures and video of the little one's lesson. My big regret is that I missed the video opportunity with my little guy's first lesson.:jealous:

Yes, both DH and I will be there to catch the moments on various media. :D I am so excited for her--I showed her the lesson area yesterday after we rode the gondola (which she loves) and she seems excited. The key is for me to keep her tummy full. She's a bear when she's hungry! :eek:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Contess, You scored on the lesson, and I'd be all noodle-legged after that too. I think I like the new RID system they installed but no lines are better than any. All that skiing will do two things--tire your legs good & proper and build up those ski muscles. All good! Your postings make me long to be up there too. :drool:

Mammoth diva moment of the future: a line of divas at the top of Wall Street, Marta Ears photo op--maybe one of your DH's (or all) can take the pic, then us charge down the run in formation. Hee hee. I entertain myself but 'twould be good fun with all of you. :p

ps - a friend/acquaintance of mine works at the Tamarack Lodge restuarant. They have the BEST chocolate mousse. Just saying.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Contess, You scored on the lesson, and I'd be all noodle-legged after that too. I think I like the new RID system they installed but no lines are better than any. All that skiing will do two things--tire your legs good & proper and build up those ski muscles. All good! Your postings make me long to be up there too. :drool:

Mammoth diva moment of the future: a line of divas at the top of Wall Street, Marta Ears photo op--maybe one of your DH's (or all), then charge down the run in formation. Hee hee. I entertain myself but 'twould be good fun with all of you. :p

That is now a must-do!! Maybe we can get a small gathering in March. :grouphug:

I love the RFID gates. They are very efficient!!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Diva in training progressed to the next level in her first class and informed me she wants to take lessons the rest of the week vs. go to daycare! Woohoo!!! She also wants us to take her out on her skis this afternoon (her lesson is over.)

Got this quick shot with my phone, more to come!
430786_3347707697838_1423189747_33317172_677943629_n.jpg

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Sierra is so cute, and that's wonderful news that she wants to take more lessons.

And ... it's snowing!!!!

Will you be joining us at the McCoy sign at 10 am tomorrow? :clap:

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know I've posted this elsewhere but I am just TICKLED PINK (so to speak) that Sierra is having such a great time. You watch, that kid will be zipping past us VERY soon.

See if you can get a photo of all of you on skis, we want to see the proud mama & papa too!!

mustski

Angel Diva
Mammoth diva moment of the future: a line of divas at the top of Wall Street, Marta Ears photo op--maybe one of your DH's (or all) can take the pic, then us charge down the run in formation. Hee hee. I entertain myself but 'twould be good fun with all of you. :p

I'm in! Just give me enough notice to ditch work! For that it would be worth it.

And Contesstant, enjoy the little one growing to love the sport. Definitely take some family runs and cheerlead. They eat it up! As I told you before, my teen opens up on the chair lift like no where else. I think it's the captive audience situation combined with "doing something" together.:grouphug:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna