• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All Things Mammoth 2011/2012!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Didn't take many pictures, but I have a couple to share. DH has a new camera and he was focussed on taking videos (of me skiing!) which I am not quite brave enough to share. :loco:

View of the upper portion of the Main Lodge area:

DSCN3111.jpg

Cornice:

DSCN3113.jpg

Saddle Bowl:

DSCN3118.jpg

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, unfortunately it sounds like we missed the best snow of this dismal year :( The dry forecast is not letting up. But we are going to make the best of it! I am going to hit Footloose as soon as we roll into town on Saturday to get my boots dialed in (maybe some intuition liners? Not sure!) We start skiing on Sunday with peewee going to the new daycare in the Village most days, with one 1/2 day lesson thrown in. I am REALLY looking forward to staying within walking distance of the lifts.

If any of you will be up there next week (5-10 Feb.) let me know!

mustski

Angel Diva
Hey Contesstant, there will still be plenty of snow even if it won't be fresh POW. Have an awesome time and inaugurate a new "diva"! The earlier the better!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm pretty sure we'll be up again this weekend. I'll PM when I'm sure.

Let me know!! We sure still want to buy you lunch or a meal or something as a thanks for your hospitality last year--never had the chance and it's never sat well with me! Would love to get some runs in together again--pretty sure I won't freeze up on any blue/blacks again :D

Hey Contesstant, there will still be plenty of snow even if it won't be fresh POW. Have an awesome time and inaugurate a new "diva"! The earlier the better!

I've been following a mammoth website where a guy posts daily pics. Bare patches are showing up on the sides again, but yes, the runs overall should be in good shape. I was sure hoping it would storm next week, but the forecast is not looking like it will. As for my little diva, I can only hope she'll be putting me to shame in the next few years-we shall see! :eyebrows:

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I had a great time skiing in Utah with a 26" base, so hopefully all shall be well. At least it's looking like it will stay cool/cold! Have a GREAT time!!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, we made it safe and sound and love the condo we are in! I also got some new Zipfit liners from Corty at Footloose so hopefully they'll address my boot fit issues. So excited to get out there tomorrow!! Sounds like SkiBum and I will get to ski together again. Fun times!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, we made it safe and sound and love the condo we are in! I also got some new Zipfit liners from Corty at Footloose so hopefully they'll address my boot fit issues. So excited to get out there tomorrow!! Sounds like SkiBum and I will get to ski together again. Fun times!

Sounds good--have fun! I think you will. From the pics, it looks 1000 times better than that first weekend of January.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, Vicki! It's been cold enough up here that the snow is not melting off too quickly. On Mammoth Snowman's website he's saying to sit out first chair and wait for things to soften up a bit. I guess the groomers are quite hard pack early on. I will say, it's not that crowded up here for a Saturday, so this week should be STELLAR!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Beautiful day today! Fairly chilly temps have kept the snow quite nice. Some pretty scraped off hard spots but overall the groomers are fun. I'm actually preferring the morning runs before things get really scraped off and therefore inconsistent. Had my best ski day EVER thanks to the Zipfit liners. They lock my heel in a vice! I think I'll need to get some of the material injected into them to take up a little more volume but overall, I LOVE them!! Great investment.

418761_3332474397015_1423189747_33311990_1557084144_n.jpg

Doing my Marta Ears :D
166939_3332475517043_1423189747_33311992_283891176_n.jpg

The burrito cat, which is the same thing as a food truck ala Los Angeles, but it parks itself at different places on the slopes! Didn't eat there but think we will sometime this week just to try it! Note the beach chairs out front.
405419_3332476197060_1423189747_33311993_990928737_n.jpg

I believe Skibum will be joining me for some runs this week. I hope I can keep up with her! :bounce:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Glad the liners are working out.

I bet you'll be beating me down the slopes!!! We'll be driving
up after the Superbowl.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad the liners are working out.

I bet you'll be beating me down the slopes!!! We'll be driving
up after the Superbowl.

I am getting much faster on the pure blues and some of the blue/blacks--trying so hard to just charge it and stay over my tips! I have a fresh tune on my Lotta Luv's and it's great!! But I am pretty sure you'll still put me to shame :bag: But I am getting so much better!

I am taking a "group" lesson out of Canyon tomorrow morning from 9:30-noon. As of now, I'm the only one signed up. :D We'll see how I feel after that! Tuesday morning for sure, while peewee is taking a wee one lesson at Canyon. (So hopeful she likes it this year.)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's terrific to be the only person in a "group" lesson.

I know, I'm so lucky!! I try to take group lessons during the week, because they often become private. Same thing happened last year at Alpine Meadows. Works for me!! I have so much work to do. Today I was caught on video and boy my hands are WAY too high! I keep them well in front now but so high. I wonder if it's because I skied with poles that were about 4" too long pretty much since I started skiing. :noidea:

The snowfall forecast for Tuesday, while still light, has increased in the past couple hours. Even a few inches of fresh on top of the hard pack will be nice :D

Oh, I also skied with new mittens today--Swany Toasters, and boy do I love them for the conditions out here! They have so many cool, practical features to them. With plenty of room to put a hand warmer if needed.

mustski

Angel Diva
So glad that you are having fun and your new jacket looks awesome! Fingers crossed that the little one will be bit by the ski bug!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So glad that you are having fun and your new jacket looks awesome! Fingers crossed that the little one will be bit by the ski bug!

I do hope there is more snow for when you come up, although I must admit that the fact it's all over the village (including some black ice) makes me happy. I can't imagine what it was like here 3 weeks ago with NO snow except what was being made.

Peewee seems pretty excited to ski again, and when I told her it might snow while she was skiing, she was very happy!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly