• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All Things Mammoth 2011/2012!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I need to kick it in high gear at the office if I'm going to take any days off. Weekends are better for me right now, but let's see what we can work out. I have another ski buddy who wants to get up there too - she's working on getting more solid as an intermediate. Keeping an eye on that forecast - it looks like Snowbasin could get as much in the next four days as they've gotten year-to-date. Makes me think seriously about putting together a Girls Trip to Snowbasin the week after Easter!!! Would that be fun or what?!?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I need to kick it in high gear at the office if I'm going to take any days off. Weekends are better for me right now, but let's see what we can work out. I have another ski buddy who wants to get up there too - she's working on getting more solid as an intermediate. Keeping an eye on that forecast - it looks like Snowbasin could get as much in the next four days as they've gotten year-to-date. Makes me think seriously about putting together a Girls Trip to Snowbasin the week after Easter!!! Would that be fun or what?!?

Ummm, yes!! Oh, if only we could just move there then you'd have a free place to stay, too!!:beer:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mary, Ogden is even HIGHER on the radar for our next move. We just talked about it today. It's time for him to start plotting. It's a complex process that could backfire and send us back to Ohio for two years (I would cry the whole time, I think!)

Anyway, back to the Mammoth topic. They got a good 1-3 foot dumping last night and this morning, with more on the way!!! Woot!!! I came across this website while perusing Epic:

https://mammothweather.com/

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mary, Ogden is even HIGHER on the radar for our next move. We just talked about it today. It's time for him to start plotting. It's a complex process that could backfire and send us back to Ohio for two years (I would cry the whole time, I think!)

Anyway, back to the Mammoth topic. They got a good 1-3 foot dumping last night and this morning, with more on the way!!! Woot!!! I came across this website while perusing Epic:

https://mammothweather.com/

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We'll be heading up to Mammoth in a couple of days.

Anyone else planning to be there this mid-week?

Finally . . . we have real snow. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Don't want to be too greedy, but let's hope we (and other ski areas throughout the country!) get lots more of it!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We'll be heading up to Mammoth in a couple of days.

Anyone else planning to be there this mid-week?

Finally . . . we have real snow. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Don't want to be too greedy, but let's hope we (and other ski areas throughout the country!) get lots more of it!

I wish! Have a great time!! And that's not being greedy, that's just a necessity of life that we happen to enjoy sliding on :becky:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Two questions: Any Divas going to be there February 5th-10th?

Also, are there mountain hosts or guides who will show us around on the mountain, my husband in particular? My brother backed out on us which leaves us both skiing by ourselves. I can't expect husband to ski with me the entire time. He'll get bored in a hurry!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I answered my own question! Found on the M.ammoth website I am so doing both of these tours!!

Explore Mammoth Tours: Meet outside at either Canyon Lodge or Main Lodge supersigns. Tours leave the signs at 10:15 and last approximately 2.5 hours. Tours focus on how to get around Mammoth Mountain, answer your questions about the natural surroundings and history of our area as well as give pointers on fun activities to do while visiting Mammoth.

Winter Naturalists Tours: Meet at the bottom of Stump Alley and Goldrush Express Lifts at 10:30. Tours last approximately 2 hours. These tours give you the inside line on the area, its volcanic background, help you identify the trees and animal prints you might run across and fill you in on information about the old mines that gave Mammoth Mountain its name.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
The tours are definitely fun.

We may return to Mammoth the middle of next week and stay for a while. I'll let you know. Now that there's snow we are planning to spend a lot of time up here. :clap:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The tours are definitely fun.

We may return to Mammoth the middle of next week and stay for a while. I'll let you know. Now that there's snow we are planning to spend a lot of time up here. :clap:

And how is it??!!

I see the models are shaping up for storms the week we are supposed to be there. I told hubby that if it dumps, we are SO going to play in the powder and trees! I got a taste of it last year at Brian Head. I did remarkably well and want more!

So yes, keep me posted. :D

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The other thing I'd like to look into is a trip the week after Easter, somewhere around April 9-14. Anyone interested? I'd be looking to share accomodations and get cheap lift tickets. There's some really good deals/units on vrbo this year.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The other thing I'd like to look into is a trip the week after Easter, somewhere around April 9-14. Anyone interested? I'd be looking to share accomodations and get cheap lift tickets. There's some really good deals/units on vrbo this year.

We'll definitely want to go again. I'll let you know how our condo is at St. Anton, which is right next to Canyon lodge and the lifts there. We chose it for convenience with a small person :D

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be up there the weekend of 2/23-2/26. With the HB ski club but if divas are up, I'd love to meet and ski and get acquainted.

The club has lots of other trips planned, but I haven't made any firm commitments. So for me there's a lot of 'TBD' but I'm def. up for more trips, club or otherwise. :smile:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be up there the weekend of 2/23-2/26. With the HB ski club but if divas are up, I'd love to meet and ski and get acquainted.

The club has lots of other trips planned, but I haven't made any firm commitments. So for me there's a lot of 'TBD' but I'm def. up for more trips, club or otherwise. :smile:

I think you already mentioned this...I'll be in Scottsdale that weekend, but will also be making more Mammoth trips as time and $$ allow! I hope they have snow left in April. This winter really is quite a bummer. My horse friends are loving it, though!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, because the snow is so late this year, I kinda avoided making lots of plans in advance. and ditto on the money/time thing.

I keep telling myself that it may yet come and turn into a season like last year (during which I was out for a MCL sprain) so ... we shall see!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We skied the past 3 days and they were all good, though I particularly enjoyed today. Somehow everything clicked for me and I was skiing faster and better. It may have been because today was the first day in several years that I wore my knee brace. The snow was good, my boots are finally dialed in, and I had no pain anywhere. DH was quite surprised several times when he looked back and I was right behind him. :thumbsup:

Skiing at Mammoth is definitely worth the trip. We'll probably try to come back the middle of next week. :bounce:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome!!! Good for you--I'm getting my boots worked on at Footloose before we even ski to try to dial them in for me (they are SO close) so hopefully I'll get my mojo on this year, finally! Any pics to share?
I hope the snow holds and it storms again soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly