• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Air travel tips

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sigh. It was official ski trip corkscrew and it would have gone in my checked bags but our travel was a mess and we ended up rebooked on united and had to pay for our bags (which is crappy bc we were booked on delta) so we carried two on. one of which had my beloved corkscrew in it....

Jilly

Staff member
For those with boot heaters....I'm taking my boots on board, but what about the batteries? I'm thinking about packing them with my skis and a few other things I'm putting in the sport tube. But should the batteries be depleted first?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For those with boot heaters....I'm taking my boots on board, but what about the batteries? I'm thinking about packing them with my skis and a few other things I'm putting in the sport tube. But should the batteries be depleted first?

I've never had a problem taking my batteries (and the charger) along. I usually carry them onto the plane in my boot bag. And no, the batteries don't need to be depleted.

Jilly

Staff member
Actually just reading the AC site I think they want them on board, so that's what I'll do. To bad my phone/ereader charger wasn't the same. Too many electronics these days

teppaz

Angel Diva
I've carried my boot heaters and charger (stuck inside a boot) with no problem between NYC and SLC. And I totally second Global Entry. Best thing I've ever bought when it comes to travel.

For a solo trip to Colorado this week, I'm taking a carry-on with boots, goggles, helmet, mittens and laptop. Then I'm putting all my clothes in my rolling ski bag — a double but I'm taking only one pair of skis so there's plenty of extra space, plus the bag has inside pockets and straps to hold everything. So that's just one carry-on and one checked bag and yay, I'm on Southwest so no fees!

Now the question is: should I take my Kenjas or my Lines, which have a 98mm waist?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna