• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2016-2017 Ski Trip Plans

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Who has ski trips already planned out for the 2016-2017 winter season?

I thought it would be fun to post who is going where, and see if we have any overlaps...or maybe if you haven't scheduled a trip yet, maybe you will be inspired by the trips posted below :thumb:

Ok, here are mine. Not many but I'm excited!

December 8 - 12, 2016: Whistler Blackcomb, BC

February 3 - 6, 2017: Revelstoke, BC

with one-day or weekend trips to Kicking Horse, Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, of course...

January 13-16 - eastern townships of Quebec. Skiing Mont Sutton, Mont Orford and Owls head

January 23-February 5th - will be in southern California and northern Arizona. During this time we'll ski Snow Summit in Big Bear, CA and the Arizona Snowbowl in Northern Arizona.

February 25-March 4th - we'll be in Banff skiing Lake Louise, Sunshine Village and Norquay.

Before, in between and after the "big trips" will include weekends at my home mountain where I teach in Western Mass. When I'm not at Butternut my other main mountains are Mount Snow where I have a season pass and Bromley where I will be courtesy staff and have a season pass as well. I have plans to get in other days/weekends at Killington, Okemo, Jay Peak, Loon, Wildcat and Stratton when scheduling works out. I just won free tickets to Ski Sundown in Connecticut so will squeeze that one in as well.

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
I'm at Tremblant most of the time. There are 2 events there that I want to attend, the CSIA convention and the CSIA Ladies Edge Camp. Then March 4th I'm off to Whistler for a week.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Over the Christmas holidays, I plan to stay with family in Vermont and ski at some of the smaller, local hills (Ragged Mtn, Whaleback, Suicide Six, etc.). I'm still learning, so am plenty entertained by smaller (and less expensive) ski areas. I like the low-key local flavor and less-crowded vibes, too.

With that said, if there's snow, I will definitely haul up to Mad River Glen, which I've been eager to visit.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Banff - first week of the new year!

After that, not sure, but we'll probably take one other trip somewhere west. And hopefully the little place in Canada we go to will be fully open this year so we can take a long weekend or two.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey I'll be in Kitzbuehl from Feb 25 - Mar 4...

Our original plans were to ski the week of Feb 11-18, but one has a scheduling conflict at work. I don't know the exact dates yet, but we are trying for your week or the week after. I've never skied Kitzbühel although I have visited the town.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If the snowfall is plentiful, headed to Big Sky and Jackson Hole for a two- week trip in mid- February!! And if the snow is better elsewhere, we're going to Utah or Steamboat.

alicie

Angel Diva
Just a few days in hemsedal mid-late December. I don't think I'll have time for anything else as I've got to write a dissertation this year.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Didn't realize this was a new thread. Okay planned so far:

Northstar - Dec 26 - Jan 1 - avoid holidays/weekend like the plague but this is family stuff.

Heavenly - January 29 - Feb 5

Kitzbuehl, Austria - Feb 25-Mar 4

Champery, Switzerland (Portes du Soleil) Mar 5 - Mar 13

AND lots of midweek skiing at Northstar, Heavenly, Kirkwood

marzNC

Angel Diva
Three trips out west this season. Going to Taos for the first time in early Feb so check out a Taos Ski Week, with a few extra days to explore in NM. Bonus week in Utah with my daughter during her spring break, a few nights at Alta Lodge then a long weekend in Eden to show her Snowbasin and/or PowMow for the first time. Last time she was at Alta was four years ago. Will be at Alta Lodge in April with friends per usual.

Will be at Massanutten with friends and their kids over the holiday weekends, plus other weekends when not out west depending on snow conditions.

Jilly

Staff member
Just a few days in hemsedal mid-late December. I don't think I'll have time for anything else as I've got to write a dissertation this year.

I hate it when life gets in the way.....Masters or Doctoral?

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just staying local for me this season. I might go to a conference in California at the end of January, so I might "stop by" somewhere, but it's unlikely. I'm aiming for some summer glacier at Mt Hood, though.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our season is just winding up(I'm just suffering my Level 2 NZSIA exams!) so by way of celebration(or more likely commiseration) I'm going to Vail/Beaver Creek 3-14th Feb and Breckenridge/Keysone/A Basin 15-27th Feb.Very excited to be skiing in North America for the first time.Hopefully it will help ease the torture and pain of the past week. The foam padding of my goggles have absorbed a tear or two. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna