• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

15 Reasons Why I Won't Date A guy Who Can't Ski

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In the early 2000s I traveled a few times to meet people I only previously knew online. Including my now-husband.

People are people.

DvR

Certified Ski Diva
@DvR , have you tried finding a ski club in your area? Welcome to ski diva!
I have without much success. This is my second season so my ski instructor is my parter on the mountain. Maybe I'll get lucky this year in Park City! Thank you for the suggestion.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have without much success. This is my second season so my ski instructor is my parter on the mountain. Maybe I'll get lucky this year in Park City! Thank you for the suggestion.
As I remember you are in L.A. Are you aware that a bunch of Divas will be getting together at Mammoth this season? You need some more posts to be able to see Divas Only threads in Meet On The Hill. Perhaps start a Getting to Know You thread and introduce yourself. Makes it easier for local Divas to "meet" you if they don't stop by to read regularly.

My husband of 25+ years is non-skier. My ski buddies for trips out west include a couple older men I knew for reasons other than skiing as well as Divas over 50. Have traveled with younger Divas too. A couple of us have a good time during the summer planning for the next mid-season trip.

Munke

Diva in Training
My Honey snowboarded but I somehow convinced him that skiing is better for BC access so he bought a sweet Dynafit setup and some Scarpa boots. Three hours in to learning how to ski he tore his ACL. It's fixed now but he won't ever be skiing again. I use skiing as my ladies day or just a day to be out on the snow alone and I'm very happy with the setup. We do everything else together so skiing is my special time.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Holy cow, that article! PREACH! Haha! I'm with a boarder, which means a lot of waiting for him to strap in at the top of the hill. Also an unfortunate lift incident where my ski brake got caught in his binding on the dismount, resulting in indescribable chaos. But hey, I'll take all of that with a smile to have somebody who "gets it." In fact, we are planning a fall wedding so we can have a winter honeymoon out west! I think he is worse at #12 than me though...he tends to get a new board every year and sell an old one, because there always "might be something with better edge hold/surfier/more nimble/more stable/etc" for him. :smile:

Skiing2BFreeInYYC

Certified Ski Diva
I found that article amusing! I’ve just gotten back into skiing and it’s a huge part of my life right now. I can’t imagine a guy wanting to be with me or bring ok with it if he didn’t ski or board because I spend so much of my time and money on it right now. I spent 11 yrs not being able to do this while I played the good wife to my ex, and I’m really enjoying doing what I want now! Would love to find someone who also enjoys it so we can snuggle on the chairlift :smile:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
@Munke we are your situation but reversed - i snowboard and hubs skis - we met on a powder snow trip to killington arranged by mutual friends - we got married and have a kid who now skis too!

i used to ski, and learned how to XC ski pretty quickly. was interested in backcountry, but decided to get back into skiing instead of splitboarding. i'm now an advanced skiier and expert snowboarder, learning to go uphill this year and have done some in training for some guided touring.

this list is funny :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna