• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

‘18 Marker Squires 11D...fixed?!

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey ladies :smile:

Many of you have been helping me w the 2018 Volkl Yumi sizing and I decided on the short end of the stick with the 154s. Getting my new set up tomorrow! That being said...bindings.

I had them set aside the ‘18 Marker Squires but I’ve been reading previous models were really challenging to lock into. That is the worst and can be so embarrassing. I’m 5’4.5” 146lb w a BSL of I think 286. I heard weight and BSL is
are a factor for these bindings. As is deeper snow.

Anyone have experience w the ‘18 Squires??? Has Marker fixed this? I’ll also be bringing my skis out west and here in the East lately, well, we might as well be in Tahoe!

Appreciate all insight!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have the 2016 marker squires and have had no problem and am lightweight. Older ones were terrible I hear.. Really hard to step into.. very bad reviews.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Mine are very difficult to get into and out of. But they are about 10 years old.

After realizing that it was the fault of the bindings rather than a lack of leg strength, I was very relieved. But I plan to mount new bindings on the skis before I ski them again.

That probably has no bearing on the functionality of the current bindings. I have not read of any recent issues.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks ladies! The Griffons May be too bulky for me and the shop I go to is out of the M11s haha and I realllly want my set up for tomorrow LOL. I guess I’ll give the new Squires a go!

newboots

Angel Diva
Congratulations and much happiness for your new skis! I've also heard that the dreadful clicking-in on those bindings were solved a couple of years back.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As @santacruz skier said, no problem - between DD and myself w/ BLS 270 +/- and light weight they are fine! I do not have the 2018 but you will have more sole options for your boots.

really if Diva’s want a super chanllenge try clicking into pin bindings for down hill transition on a steep in variable snow with ice build up ;) ha! Changed my mind about what a tough click in is! Lol.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As @santacruz skier said, no problem - between DD and myself w/ BLS 270 +/- and light weight they are fine! I do not have the 2018 but you will have more sole options for your boots.

really if Diva’s want a super chanllenge try clicking into pin bindings for down hill transition on a steep in variable snow with ice build up ;) ha! Changed my mind about what a tough click in is! Lol.
Haha pin bindings?! No thanks! That is a tad rough haha

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi ladies! Ok update! The Squires were completely fine :smile: I did have to knock some snow out of my boot sole a couple times to get them in once, but other than that- zero issues!!!

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I should also say that was with my precious boots...Salomon XPro 70...which I found it today were an actual size too big...Ken Jones in Manchester, NH heard my cry (literally I was crying down the trail bc to get the support I needed, my boots had to be ungodly tight) and they, after an entire season, let me even-exchange. I’m now in the Lange SX90 in a 23.5 (instead of a 24.5) so the BSL will be shorter (they had to re-drill to reset my bindings bc the Marker Royal Fam track length is too short) so maybe I’ll have issues now...

newboots

Angel Diva
That shouldn’t give you issues. Do you mean the re-drilling? As long as they filled the old holes carefully, it shouldn’t be a problem.

newboots

Angel Diva
If they are reputable at all they would have. But wouldn’t hurt to be sure. If the holes are unfilled, moisture could get inside the ski and cause trouble.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If they are reputable at all they would have. But wouldn’t hurt to be sure. If the holes are unfilled, moisture could get inside the ski and cause trouble.
They’re pretty reputable but I will definitely call and ask. Is there any way I can check myself?

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They’re amazing there. Allison, the owner felt terrible that I was fitted into a ski that was not only too wide but a size too big for me last year. It definitely has been causing issues and bc I’m a new skier, I didn’t know enough to pin point this until now. I called her yesterday and she told me that they’d “make it right.” That she did. I tried on so many boots and she even- exchanged for the Langes which are a much higher quality boot than my previous one. The fit is spectacular. I’m really happy with that shop!

newboots

Angel Diva
Sounds like you can trust the people who remounted your bindings. To my (limited) knowledge, to check you would have to look under the bindings to see the old holes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna