• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. slyfox4

Loon 2020/2021

Hi all! I had a good time reading back through my Loon thread for last season...until it was tragically cut short. I was able to skin up Loon two days in April...one was a pow day (and my birthday!!!) and the other day was warm weather with soft corn. I thought I'd start another 2020/2021...
  2. slyfox4

Ski Bibs: Yay or nay?

Late to this thread, but I am a big fan of the bibs! I have three pairs (well, two, with one on the way). Burton Avalon bibs -- they have side zips and the entire bottom part will drop down so you can go pee. They are insulated, but not very waterproof. They were pretty cheap and great as my...
  3. slyfox4

Lunchtime during COVID?

ME TOO! I drink a LOT of water and coupled with some adult beverages...I have to pee often. I got myself a Kula Cloth (essentially a pee cloth) that I plan to keep hanging off my pack for if I have to run into the woods. As for food...now Mr. Sly Fox have gotten into the habit of bringing...
  4. slyfox4

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

Boyne Resorts has closed their mountains until further notice. So...I guess you could say it’s changing my ski plans. Ugh.
  5. slyfox4

How many ski days do you have this season?

Sits here crying into the beautiful warm sun. Ugh. I'm curious to see how this weeks weather affected Loon...
  6. slyfox4

Black Crows Daemon Birdie Review

Have you tried the Captis? That's a stiffer ski than the Atris. I haven't tried the Camox yet (mostly because my local shop only has the larger size and I'm tiny). I always thought the Camox would be my next ski...but I am also really interested in trying the Moment Sierras! But really...
  7. slyfox4

How do you sell your old skis?

I still have a pair of race skis that are FAR too short for me...and I want to make a shot ski and coat rack out of it. They aren't worth anything. My local shop has a consignment section and I brought my old Fischer Villain Pro (twin tips) there and they sold em for like 75 bucks. I got some...
  8. slyfox4

New skis/bindings??

Talk to a local shop, they can also recommend some good bindings that will be compatible with your new skis. Personally - I am a big fan of Salomon. I have the Wardens and Guardians (which is a frame binding for skinning). On my "go-fast" skis, I have the Marker Griffons and I do NOT like...
  9. slyfox4

How many ski days do you have this season?

I tried to take a picture every day that I went skiing...but I wasn't very good at that. I think I am over 30 now - maybe 35? I noticed that the RFID at Loon wasn't counting properly on days it wasn't working, so I don't use that as my go to. Two seasons ago I got 55 at a few resorts, but mainly...
  10. slyfox4

Whiteface rescue

Great advice. I ski at primarily Boyne resorts (mostly Loon, trying to get to Sunday more after going last week). I use the Loon app to check conditions, status reports, etc., and they have their emergency patrol number right in the app.
  11. slyfox4

Black Crows Daemon Birdie Review

YES! I have skied my Atris on groomers (little chattery, can't go as fast but sometimes that's okay), blower powder, wet new snow, and spring conditions. They float but also just get through the chop. Love my Crows SO much!
  12. slyfox4

Weather Whine Thread

Yes for sure! Snowmaking keeps getting better, too.
  13. slyfox4

Would love thoughts on Black Crows Captis Birdies

YAY! I am happy you loved them! They are my FAVORITE ski ever. I demoed the Captis early this season. I found that they weren't as playful as I wanted, but could for sure push them around. I rode them primarily on groomers and some snow that was push around on the sides. I ride the Vertis...
  14. slyfox4

Weather Whine Thread

I was complaining about this winter to my friend who works for Loon and he goes "HOLD UP! The winter that never was...2015-2016." He showed me a picture and holy hell my jaw dropped. Barely any snow at Loon that year. We got our first season passes the following year so I didn't deal with the...
  15. slyfox4

Question: Whats your set up? AT/ Backcountry

I am a HUGE fan of Black Crows. My backcountry ski is the Atris which is a 108, so it's a bit wider than what you're looking for. However, it crushes on groomers, and cuts through crud in the spring. If you want a smaller waisted ski you could check out the Camox. Black Crows also has a whole...
  16. slyfox4

Helmet Study

Yup! See it all over the mountain, too. I'll be honest, I started wearing a helmet halfway through my 2017 season. In 2016 and 2015 I skied here and there when my university voted on a mountain 15 minutes away from me. I will say, I think it made me a confident skier because I felt I could...
  17. slyfox4

Why ski resorts are dying

WAIT people pay to park to ski?!?! At a place that is probably upwards of $100 per lift ticket?! I am APPALLED that this actually happens....
  18. slyfox4

Weekend skiing

If you truly *want* to ski...you deal. It sucks, trust me. But I have a 9-5 that I'm lucky is fairly flexible so I get some weekday turns in...but for the fiance that's not the case. We go EARLY Saturday and usually Sunday afternoon. This past Saturday at Loon was the absolute busiest I've seen...
  19. slyfox4

Best skies for intermediate who wants a good carver

Definitely demo! You can't go wrong with that. You might get some other recommendations based on your height/weight/ability/where you ski. I am a huge fan of Black Crows skis so I'll always recommend them. I love my Vertis Birdies (I think they are an 87 underfoot) as my packed...
  20. slyfox4

Just impulse bought new skis

I didn't even get a chance to demo them either, had I demoed them I probably would have gotten Wardens again! That said I feel super secure in them which makes me happy. Even though they're an absolute bear to use!