• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. M

Masks for skiing

Glad to hear you like the ski the east mask! I just bought one purely for the design (the powder jumper one) but comfort would be a huge plus!
  2. M

Masks for skiing

I have their regular masks too, and I cut out the third layer because it was suctioning to my face. Without the third layer, the mouth part is nearly identical. It did get damp while skiing, but not nearly as bad as the surgical mask. I think this might be unavoidable, considering we exhale a...
  3. M

Masks for skiing

Ladies, I think I have found my goldilocks mask for this ski season! https://www.tommiecopper.com/2-in-1-community-wear-face-mask-gaiter/ This is a gaiter style mask with an extra layer of fabric over the mouth and nose. It has a nose wire, and an elastic band which can either be worn as ear...
  4. M

What's your favorite piece of outdoor gear?

For me, it would have to be Gold Bond powder! Keeping dry is an important part of staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It also helps hide stains on white horses in a pinch, and keeps all sorts of odors at bay.
  5. M

Ski area count.

This is WAAAAAY more fun than working! Here we go! Vermont: Okemo, Killington, Mount Snow, Haystack (rip) New Hampshire: Cannon, Loon, Sunapee Connecticut: 1 random hill I don't remember the name of New York: Hunter New Jersey: Mountain Creek Pennsylvania: 7 springs, Camelback, Liberty...
  6. M

Walkie talkie or basic cell phone

What info do you include on the bracelet?
  7. M

Stowe or Okemo lodging?

I've stayed in the dorm in the hostel and it was really nice, bearing in mind it is a dorm in a hostel and humans do things like fart and snore and smell. Really well run place, but the rates for private rooms do creep up for holidays. The same couple owns Main and Mountain across the street...
  8. M

Ski Fashion according to Cosmo?

I can't even get past the pants tucked into the boots to look at the outfits. My shins are killing me just looking at it!
  9. M

Skis for teen girl?

I have the total joys and love them, but they're definitely a lot of ski, and more of an all mountain ski than a frontside ski. I would say if she's a more advanced skier, the absolute joys are better, and if she's more of the beginner/intermediate level, the pure joys may be a good option too...
  10. M

Skis for teen girl?

I got skis around that age that I skied for about 8 years! Thankfully I didn't do much growing. We opted for a carving ski that was a bit on the softer side. Specifically, they were the K2 true luvs, but I don't think that ski is still in production. At her size she is absolutely ready for the...
  11. M

Question: Ski Pant size!! 1st Timer!

Being that you are between an xs and a s, you may have some success with kids pants. The proportions are just different, so they might be exactly what you need. This can help save money too, and, if you're petite, can be a lifesaver for length. You definitely don't want to ski over your pants...
  12. M

Skiing on the Cheap, 2019-2020

Magic in Vermont does Throwback Thursdays. Every Thursday (except 6"+ powder days and holiday periods) lift tickets are $29. They also offer a "throwback card" currently $149 to qualify for discount tickets $29 any day with no blackout dates. Their zero commitment card is free to anyone ages...
  13. M

New England Early Season

Hey ladies! I will be skiing opening weekend at Okemo, and was curious if anybody has done this and has any guesses as to which/how many trails will open first. My guess would be a couple of trails off of the 6 pack, and whatever trail off of the B quad to get to the 6 pack? I've never skied an...
  14. M

Women's clinics, '19-'20

Thanks so much, growing pains should be Vail's middle name! They seem to be particularly invested in really sucking Okemo into the Borg and changing the way they do everything, because it's already a destination resort type of hill. I did a weekend at Sunapee last year and was reminded of what...
  15. M

Women's clinics, '19-'20

Did you reach out to Vail directly about WAA pricing? Last year I only spoke to okemo about it. I plan to try again this year, and was thinking of calling Vail if it's a problem again. As far as minor issues with my pass, they were extremely helpful and well trained last year, so fingers...
  16. M

How an East Coast Skier views the rest of the USA

This is mostly comedy gold but I disagree with a few things. Upstate NY is not so much where people from long island ski. That's all city folk right there. A lot of people from long Island ski Vermont because unlike city people, we have cars and we can even take the ferry to get off the island...
  17. M

Women's clinics, '19-'20

Has anyone with an epic pass done a clinic at one of Vail's resorts? I've done Okemo's WAA clinic in the past, but last year they refused to offer lower pricing for pass holders and I couldn't justify paying for a clinic that included lift tickets I'd essentially already bought! I'm curious if...
  18. M

The best bras and underwear for skiing

What a novel idea! For whatever reason, I always find the Sleeves on women's shirts to be way too tight. It's not even like I have giant guns, I really hardly ever work my upper body. So boys clothes it is for now!
  19. M

The best bras and underwear for skiing

I have a few undies from under armour that I like for skiing. It has to be something moisture wicking and comfortable, but I'm not one who looks for their unders to give any added warmth. I also like to avoid panty lines because I usually end up driving in my base layers and about an hour and a...
  20. M

Ski Lifts We Hate

Anybody else really not a fan of lifts with midstations? The only one I've ridden is the one at Massanutten and I've never unloaded on it, but it always feels weird to me