• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Terri GB

Volkl aura?

hi, after some research and recommendation From the ski Diva ladies (thank you) I visited a shop to have a closer look at the blizzard black pearl 88 today. I am already in love with them! Crazy considering I didn't even demo them yet, but plan to soon. My thread question is because my hubby...
  2. Terri GB

keeping up with the DH... or surpassing?

Lol so true...I swear I have new creaks and squeaks since the last time I Skiid. Getting up and dressed with legs that no longer move on their hinges on the second day was hilarious!
  3. Terri GB

If you ever wanted to ski the Alps...

Hey Dee ski, I have friends who love obergurgl and totally recommend it, sounds like great value for money too! We haven't been, although I have been to solden. Perhaps we will go for a long weekend, which I find is perfect time for the smaller resorts. Beautiful pictures! I get such ski...
  4. Terri GB

keeping up with the DH... or surpassing?

My hubby is super athletic and picks things up at an unbelievable speed. I have had more lessons now skiing to a good level and he still passes me on the mountain. I maintain that it is his body weight that pulls him down the mountain quicker..... Lol. This does not and has never bothered me. I...
  5. Terri GB

If you ever wanted to ski the Alps...

I am British and have only ever Skiid in Europe so have nothing else to compare it to yet. I returned from Meribel last week, part of the three valleys ski area and they are huge! We stayed for 8 days, and did not manage to cover anywhere near all of the trails. This was surprising as we are...
  6. Terri GB

Help with next ski choice please ladies!

Thanks, I had also read on a few reviews that great joys were a good choice.. It kind of got a little hazy though because the more I read reviews, the more options I found and then everything got very blurry!!!! It's good to know that the same names are coming up again and again though. I will...
  7. Terri GB

Hi Jilly, I am looking to buy, so wouldn't rule anything out but I feel impelled to stick to what I know as is the fear of the Unknown. It would be a shame though to miss out on a better ski just because I didn't feel safe to try something new and different. Because I live in a very flat part of...
  8. Terri GB

Hi yes, we are about 1 hour 30 minutes from Milton Keynes and the same from Hemel Hempstead. I will definately try the black pearl 88 and some of the k2's there if I can. I just wasn't sure that they would have that type of ski there to hire, it would be great if they do though. I find the...
  9. Terri GB

Great, thank you so much for your feed back. I wish I had demo'd the black pearl 88 whilst I was away, but foolishly did not want to interfere and possibly sacrifice a day's skiing in what was perfect blue sky conditions if I didn't like my rental choice. I guess it's like having to replace a...
  10. Terri GB

Hi all, this is my first post. I am 33, from the uk and so glad I found your forum! after researching and scouring the internet at all the options, I am now considerably more confused and overwhelmed!! I usually ski in Europe and I am in need of some help choosing my next pair of skis.. I have...