• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Bing

What are your skiing goals this season?

Good idea to revisit. My goal was to ski with my boyz and at the time I thought the Fear Clinic woudl be required to do that - but guess what, all it took was new boots. Colour me happy !
  2. Bing

Please tell me the BEST gear to stay warm in

Karbon Ski Jacket. Hands down, warmest, feels like you're being hugged.
  3. Bing

Getting ski fit fast in the pool - suggestions?

Surrenders. Seriously the best exercise I have EVER done to get ready for ski season. Start standing on both feet. Go down on one knee, then the second. Now up on one knee and wait for it (this is where it is hard) stand again. Totally hard workout for quads & glutes. Enjoy. Or...
  4. Bing

Chanel Total Eye Lift - Christmas Gift

This is a lot like the time my spa called me to tell me about their new product: Botox. Um ... geez, trying to tell me something <G> !
  5. Bing

FADE TO WHITE comes out today!

Totally stoked !
  6. Bing

Smuggler's

Hi Divas - DH, DS & I are thinking of heading to Smuggs for 3 nights at the end of January. We'll be getting a studio condo through their central reservation system I think ... thoughts, recommendations, etc? We'll be driving down via Montreal . Thanks !
  7. Bing

Ditching my Head Dream Thangs let me ski again

Woo hoo - glad I'm not the only one who is amazing her family and herself after a "hiatus" due to bad boots <G>. I wish I had those two years of awful skiing back, but you cannot move backwards to fix things. Funny how many of us are loving Technica boots !
  8. Bing

HELP PLEASE - new boots & dreadful toenail pain

I'm no expert - but suffered for two years with poor fitting, tight boots & watched my skiing regress. Can you get a boot fitter to look at the new boots for you? If you're on a vacation, I might think to rent in order to keep having fun.
  9. Bing

SunPeaks, BC Dec 18 - 23

From where you're coming, check out cheap flights into Seattle, then drive to Kamloops. I did a quick Travelocity serach for you. Hartford to Seattle - as low as $ 242 round trip. Wow - that is cheap !
  10. Bing

Ditching my Head Dream Thangs let me ski again

Hi Divas - Two seasons ago I bought Head Dream Thangs. The yellow ones - the more "aggressive" ones. I bought them at a good ski store with lots of good advice. I took lessons. Boy did I take lessons - kept trying to get comfortable on the icy hard pack we have in Ontario. I grew up...
  11. Bing

SunPeaks, BC Dec 18 - 23

Hey Cyn - We flew on points so I don't know what we paid. I did a quick Travelocity search and found round trip from Toronto at $ 418.00 on West Jet. Bing
  12. Bing

SunPeaks, BC Dec 18 - 23

Hi Divas - Just back from our best family ski vacation to date - it was awesome. We had been to SunPeaks in March of this year and had not planned a big mountain ski trip this year but the deals at SunPeaks were too good to pass up. Our family of three usually goes for a week, gets...
  13. Bing

Question: What base layers do you all wear?

I LOVE Mark's Work Wearhouse fleece bottoms & bula tops. The MWW stuff runs so big that I'm a Women's Med, but wear size 16 on the bottom normally. The MWW stuff is warm & thin - awesome. I generally ski in -20 or worse through the winter & I'm never cold. But then again, I'm Canadian :-)
  14. Bing

Losing my motivation

Most of the years I have taken night skiing lessons it's been -25 celcius. Sigh. You bundle up & you savour the season ! I find that a belaclava is a huge part of keeping me snuggly warm & happy on the really cold days.
  15. Bing

Does anyone make long/tall ski pants?

Wow - you're short compared to me at 5'11" and I have never encountered a problem. Descente, Bonfire, Burton all fit me with length to spare. In fact, I often wonder how vertically challenged people handle it.
  16. Bing

Bought a New Jacket this weekend !

Hi Divas - Bought a Karbon Opal in blue this weekend. This replaces my 5 year old black Opal with detachable sleeves ... they no longer make them that way :-( I tried on a lot of other jackets, many of them by Obermyer. Ultimately I choise the Karbon because "it feels like it is hugging...
  17. Bing

Help Needed: helmet hair!!!!

I wear small touques that fit in my jacket - keep my long hair in a ponytail or braids & let it down so all you see is hat & long hair. I am particular about the style of the touque - try on a lot to make sure they flatter you !
  18. Bing

Northstar or Heavenly Lodging Options

I have a cousin with a condo at Heavely - not quite ski in/out, but is definitely "slope side" - on the Nevada side. PM me if you're interested.
  19. Bing

Question: silver star canada

Paradise Camp is the place with the awesome cinnamon buns. They also have a cat ride up the mountain to swishy dining at Paradise Camp in the evening - that was a fun thing to do. The Bull Dog Cafe had good lunches. Overall I didn't find the village at Silverstar very good - it is...
  20. Bing

Tri question

https://www.beginnertriathlete.com/ is a good website that can help you get an idea of how to train for tris. I tri'd for 10 wonderful seasons & it was a blast - the variety of training is awesome as you don't ever get bored !! My advice is start at a very short distance and work up...