• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. SkiGAP

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

6 days so far - at Grandvalira (Andorra). Leaving just as the snow gets going, but was able to benefit somewhat. The interesting news is that my Grandvalira season pass gives me 5 days each at Deer Valley, Steamboat, and Mammoth (as well as locations in South America, Europe, and Asia). I will...
  2. SkiGAP

What ski wax do you use?

Hertel Hot Sauce here also. scraper, then stiff brush, then soft brush
  3. SkiGAP

Projected Opening Dates 2023

Grandvalira (Andorra) 12/2
  4. SkiGAP

Big Changes at TheSkiDiva!

I've been away for most of the summer but am back - wow this IS big news! Congrats, and thanks to you both - this community has been and I trust will continue to be a valuable space for me and for many.
  5. SkiGAP

Astis Mittens

So I’ve skied two days in my tan Couzys. First, I actually want them to get broken in, the palms getting « dirty » doesnt bother me in that sense..second, I took the point on fur wear, so skied both days without pole straps (subject of another thread). it worked well and I never dropped one...
  6. SkiGAP

Cortina d' Ampezzo

Those pistes are generally quite well marked, so you can manage without a guide, but it can be fun to have one so you can just relax and ski. Love the Dolomites, proud Italian food heritage with the great ski culture shared by Germany, Austria, and northern Italy. Enjoy!
  7. SkiGAP

DIVA DOGS!

I....can't...stand...it....tooooooo....cute
  8. SkiGAP

What a great start !

I have been in California for the past few months, headed back to Toulouse on 15 Dec, land on the 16th and head to Andorra on the 17th...my webcam shows snow, though they are not open yet. Really looking forward to it and hoping the European season will be a good one, snow-wise. I can't...
  9. SkiGAP

Helmet audio?

I just use plantronics backbeat FIT headphones under my helmet. Am able to press to turn them on and off, as well as going forward/back on the playlist, and answering the phone by pressing with my mittens on the outside of my hemet pads. Before testing that and seeing that it worked, I was...
  10. SkiGAP

Astis Mittens

Interesting point about the use. I have my normal mittens, and will keep them in rotation...we'll see how much I actually USE my new beautiful ones.
  11. SkiGAP

Astis Mittens

Ok so in the jacket quiver thread, some spoke recently of Astis mittens. I hate (love) you all, because after resisting for many years, due to those nefarious posts, I finally caved and ordered the mitts. They have arrived, but I've not yet opened the box, as 1) thinking of keeping them as a...
  12. SkiGAP

My new skis

@Mudgirl630, glad you enjoyed the visit! Diva Europe in Andorra...202X?
  13. SkiGAP

DIVA DOGS!

They are so cute I am almost ill! Keep them coming, I am sure their antics will be photo-worthy.
  14. SkiGAP

Can you help?

Done!! (via check)
  15. SkiGAP

DIVA DOGS!

Dog pics welcome...:useless:
  16. SkiGAP

We're Sweet Sixteen!

After moving to Munich and taking on the challenge of learning to ski well enough to keep up with my new friends, I took private lessons each weekend. I soon wanted to buy my own equipment. Searching for ski technique and purchasing skis I came across the site. The site says Feb 2008. So I...
  17. SkiGAP

Blizzard Sheeva 9 is #1 All Mountain

Sounds like the Sheeva is the Diva Ski that the Aura was 10+ years ago...
  18. SkiGAP

Skiing trip alone to Salt Lake City

Excellent idea to keep the trip! My first time in Utah, I had to ski alone for two days as my friend was unable to come on time due to a snowstorm. My first day, I got on the lift at Canyons, and the person on the lift with me started a conversation. It turns out he and his family had lived...
  19. SkiGAP

Andorra

As you mention, I'm always ready to talk about Andorra, as I have an apartment there, and consider it my home mountain. I only know of one other Diva that has been. But I would be pleased to discover others! It could be great location for Diva Europe :-) And March 2023 Andorra will host the...
  20. SkiGAP

Heading to France for the first time in 20-something years!

Have fun! If you decide to stop by the Pyrenees, I'd be happy to advise!