• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. I

Nordica Women's skis same as their Unisex?

I found this: https://openpr.com/news/36357/The-Nordica-08-09-collection-Pleasure-performance-and-versatility.html The Nordica 08-09 collection: Pleasure, performance and versatility Sports Press release from: Nordica Canada PR Agency: Groupe CK7 (openPR) - (Montreal, Quebec) January 2008 –...
  2. I

Loved Blizzards but too long for petite skier

I am 5'2", 120-5 lbs, and have the Nordica Firefox in 154 w/integrated bindings. In 154 it has a slightly smaller waist (120-70-103) than the Drive, and smaller (12m) turn radius. Compare that with the Drive's 13m in 154cm (119-74-104)...maybe give the Firefox a shot? Another option: why not try...
  3. I

Volkl Attiva Fuego

what size Fuegos did you get? Per VG's assessment I wish I could afford a pair of carvers in both 154 and 161. I love turning but am aggressive and turn-y on the steeps (154) but also like fast, larger radius turns on open slopes (161?). I worry I will overski my new Nordica Firefoxes...
  4. I

Review - Salomon Idol 8

If you happen to be a 27.5 you're in luck - Rush 8 is on sale at REI.com for $140 right now. I'm very happy with the Rush 8. I do find that they aren't as thick a plastic as my Dalbellos were and that my feet have felt a little colder from time to time. I c/wouldn't say that's the general...
  5. I

Another one bites the dust

I first saw Biofreeze at my ostepath's office. I was curious and inquired... Liked it so much I brought it with me when we hiked the Presidentials over the summer (I had just fallen through a hole in the floor, adding injury to injury!). That stuff felt great at the end of a long day. I know...
  6. I

A couple of things I've learned with various knee and hip injuries... and boy do I know about being "Icy"! When I had kneecap pain I was instructed (but realize there are many other views on this) to keep ice on for at most 20 min., and then massage to get the circulation going again, then...
  7. I

Want to see something cute?

Divettes! Too cute! And I will show my daughters the photos so they can see what fun they can have.
  8. I

So very sorry to hear about what sounds like a really painful injury - to both knees? Oh no!! It is so unfair, isn't it, when it just isn't your fault at all?! And it is tough when the accident happens so fast...the disbelief takes so long to get over. But you will be back out there and you...
  9. I

Nordica Takes Best Overall

Press release from: Nordica Canada "The Nordica 08-09 collection: Pleasure, performance and versatility" "Firefox The women’s version of the Spitfire, introduced following a strong demand by consumers, the Firefox was officially launched this season..."...
  10. I

Lynsef, Though ski construction experts should weigh on this....I do think you are correct in your hypothesis that they are the same ski, just on the basis of the descriptions on the respective web pages for those skis. The U.K. Nordica website's description of the Dobermann Spitfire looks...
  11. I

07-08 Nordica Firefox on EBay

He has a couple in 154 and 162 for Buy It Now price of $525 + shipping....
  12. I

About what are your girlfriend's height and weight? Just curious...tks.
  13. I

Hi PG, I have been researching skis at the Ski Press World site and don't see the Firefox at all, even when I pull up only women's and men's Nordica skis. They have ratings for the Speed and the Canadian-only Dobermanns...was the Firefox just not part of that test? If you have a crystal ball...
  14. I

My turn for a new ski!

Yup, totally free! It's a rare one. Atomics aren't a definite but I'm very excited to have found something that is getting me closer to the right ski for me. But thanks for your good wishes!
  15. I

Knee help?

I would recommend seeing an orthopedic osteopath. A couple of years ago I jumped into a heavy duty cycling training schedule and almost immediately developed severe knee pain (turned out to be chondromalacia, aka cartilage deteriorating from old ski injury!). I first saw a surgeon who said that...
  16. I

My turn for a new ski!

Thanks! Sounds like they'll have a good selection, too. I am amazed to have had this good luck, as someone who never wins anything but still spends too much time and $ trying - but I won 2 free tix with the Stratton ticket giveaway! (https://stratton10k.com/) So now I can spend that $ on...
  17. I

My turn for a new ski!

Thanks! Can't wait to check those places out. Hmm...that :becky: smiley has a little bit of a "nah na na na nah nah" to it... or at least it does to someone who envies you your Fuegos! If I had Fuegos (or whenever I find my perfect match skis, whatever they are, whenever that day comes) I...
  18. I

My turn for a new ski!

Thanks. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Sweet Mamas.
  19. I

My turn for a new ski!

Hi Jilly, Oh dear, I was afraid of that. And they even had the Attraxion V at the mountain. Could have tried them there. The shop where I got the Z5Ws was pretty disorganized with a crowd of customers in a small space and limited demo selection. And I'd done a lot of research on the K2s...