• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Nikole

Mountain Hardwear Back For More jacket

It claims an hour and 15 from where I live taking 84 but I'm sure it's much smarter to go that way and avoid crazy SLC traffic :) I'll definitely have to make the trip
  2. Nikole

That is cute! I wish Park city wasn't so "far" so I could easily check sizes.. We haven't been there though so maybe we need an excuse to go lol. I'll let you know though! I'm really liking the pink and purple in the one but maybe if I can't justify spending that much just for color I'll hit you...
  3. Nikole

Good point! I did see that it's not in any REI stores but I should definitely try on any kind of jacket by them just to see how it fits. Good to know their return policy is good though :) they have all sizes in stock currently so hopefully if I get it and it doesn't fit I can exchange!
  4. Nikole

Yeah ordering online always makes me nervous about sizes. And it does have a lot of features! What I have now is warm and waterproof but it doesn't have a quarter of what this one has. And yesss I thought this one was super pretty :) I loove the color and pattern. I need the pop of color because...
  5. Nikole

Hi again! I have another "clothing question" for everyone. I've decided to not use my current winter jacket and to instead just invest in one that is meant for skiing. Does anyone have this jacket or something similar? Just want to make sure the brand and the jacket is good. It's on sale on...
  6. Nikole

Ski pants help please :)

Well apparently it is a real thing lol. Hopefully it doesn't feel like over kill too o_o
  7. Nikole

@bounceswoosh That's exactly what I thought too haha! I almost asked and I wish I would have but I was already content with the 20k online so I wouldn't be bummed if it weren't 30 hahaha. I'd post a picture if I could figure out how to from my phone. It's printed right onto the pants too o_o
  8. Nikole

I just went to the L9 ski swap in SLC. I ended up getting the Orage Martha pants. I'm wondering if they're a newer season than what L9 had on their website though. Website said 20k waterproof while the tag on the pants says 30k :)
  9. Nikole

Thanks so much for all the input everyone! :smile: I think I'm leaning towards getting those Dakine goretex pants if I can't find something in a store this weekend thats a comparable price ($147). As a beginner who doesn't even know if I will continue skiing (chances are I definitely will ;) )...
  10. Nikole

I do really like those orage clara pants, I just wish they were a little cheaper lol! I do get that quality things do cost money though :smile: I didn't think about the relationship between GoreTex and stretch/noise lol, definitely something to think about. I would for sure prefer to find a...
  11. Nikole

Evo is the site I have mostly been looking at, I love it! That and sierra trading post online. I wish there was one around me :(
  12. Nikole

That's not a bad idea! Maybe once the season starts and I don't like the jacket I already have and haven't found anything else I'll hit you up :) if you haven't already sold things of course! What kind of jackets do you have? i'm very curious to have it on the back of my mind!
  13. Nikole

Yes there really is SOO much you have to buy right at the start! I've already gotten goggles and a neck warmer. Planning to get the helmet this weekend and maybe grab a hat while i'm at it :) I'll definitely take some of your necessities into consideration! and I never thought about checking...
  14. Nikole

I'll definitely check these places out! I am VERY new to skiing. We did get the Learn to Earn! I had nooo idea it even sold out so I am so so happy right now that we went for it and got those passes! We are even thinking if we like it, that next year we will do the "Learn, Earn, and Return"...
  15. Nikole

No I haven't been there but I am definitely going to check it out! THANK YOU! I'm thinking a shell and some layers would be okay for me too :) the Gore-Tex pants I listed up there are now even more on sale so i'm wondering if I should just go for it even with not being able to find reviews lol...
  16. Nikole

Excellent points! And I so agree. I have only been in Utah since February so I didn't experience a full winter. But man. Michigan winters are just pure depressing. I've also heard from people in Utah I've talked to that gave visited any part of Michigan and they mention how the air doesn't...
  17. Nikole

Awesome points!! I'm from Michigan so I totally believe the feeling spoiled thing. I'm used to wet dreary winters! I think i'm definitely leaning towards the Volcom Species Stretch and maybe i'll just opt out of the heather grey (10k) and get another color that is 15k waterproof just for peace...
  18. Nikole

Maybe that's something i'll have to look into! i'm fairly sure my jacket is pretty waterproof because with rainstorms and such I haven't had any issues. Of course I'm not out in wet weather for hours like I will be but we will see :) And that's what I was afraid of with the pants :frown: I'm...
  19. Nikole

Hi ! I just recently moved to Utah and decided to get myself outside during winter and buy a season pass to Snowbasin. I'm really struggling to decide which ski pants I should get. Is 10k waterproofing enough or do I want more? do I NEED insulation or would I be fine to just layer my legs? I...