• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. M

Palisades (Tahoe) Feb 20-25 2024

First off, a huge thanks to @mustski for laying out a great "entry plan" for us on the mountain. I'm always a little nervous when I go to new places, and worried about getting myself in over my head, but her post here was really helpful. We followed this plan almost to a T on our first day...
  2. M

Palisades (Tahoe)

We did just this today. Visibility was pretty poor off the Siberia lift, but the snow was great. Granite Chief was the highlight of the day…it had a little something for everyone! I liked steep bumps, and my oldest loved the cliffs! I was feeling pretty good and were going to take a run off KT22...
  3. M

Palisades (Tahoe)

Thanks for all the suggestions! This is really helpful. I have 1 more question for you locals; how worried should I be about tree wells?
  4. M

Palisades (Tahoe)

Thanks! I'd also be interested in recommendations for blacks (easy to hard) and then "easier" double blacks (if I'm feeling confident).
  5. M

Palisades (Tahoe)

Ok ladies, our trip is almost here! We fly out on Monday (2/19) and will be skiing 2/20 - 2/25. We are staying right at the base of Palisades, and would love some tips on where to "warm up" and how to progress on the mountain. We are all strong skiers, comfortable on blacks, but (mostly me) get...
  6. M

Help finding accommodations in VT/NH

Gorham NH has some affordable places, good restaurants, and convenient to Wildcat (or Attitash)
  7. M

Palisades (Tahoe)

That would be AMAZING! We'd love to take you up on that :)
  8. M

Palisades (Tahoe)

Thanks, @Michelle55 ! We're renting an Air B&B with lift-access so we don't even plan to get a car. We'll uber into town a few times for dinner, and then cook at the condo. We had heard parking there is a PITA, so we're hoping to avoid it entirely :). I don't have any specific questions yet...
  9. M

Palisades (Tahoe)

Haven't skied there, but we are headed there in Feb. and would love some recommendations!
  10. M

Vacation condo/home considerations in NH?

@Basil , not sure how old your kids are, but we started doing this every week when the kids were 3, 6, & 9. We would do an early dinner, then have the kids get in their PJ's and get ready for bed. We'd limit electronics in the car to 1 hr, and they'd all fall asleep on the ride. Leaving at ~6:30...
  11. M

Vacation condo/home considerations in NH?

We are from MetroWest/Merrimack Valley area in MA, and bought a place just north of Franconia NH in 2017. We spend almost every weekend up there, skiing mostly at Cannon, but taking trips to Bretton Woods and Loon as well. When we are not skiing, we're hiking or mountain biking. We really like...
  12. M

Cannon Mountain (Or NH gals)

Sorry I missed this! Conditions were great for the last couple weeks, but sadly the mountain is now closed. It's our home mountain, so feel free to PM me if you are ever planning to go!
  13. M

Best quick drying sports bra?

This! I backpack in the "off-season," and this merino wool is generally agreed upon as the best material for long-distance hikers who carry only 2 sets of clothes (one to hike in, one to sleep in) for months.
  14. M

Telluride Feb 22-27 2023

My DH and 2 oldest sons (12 & 14) traveled to Colorado for the first time, and had an amazing time at Telluride. To set the stage, we are from the East Coast, and primarily ski in New England. The only other Western resort we have been to is Big Sky. We stayed in Mountain Village, which is at...
  15. M

Telluride Recommendations?

Thank you, @marzNC ! That was VERY helpful!
  16. M

First flying family ski trip

We've done 2 family ski trips with 3 kids starting when they were 6, 9, and 11. We pack all the skis in 1 ski bag, and my husbands snowboard in another. Ski boots and ski clothes go into the carry-on roller bags (we each have one). We also have 1 large suitcase with the helmets, other...
  17. M

Telluride Recommendations?

Thanks to the suggestions from Divas last spring, we booked a trip to Telluride for next month. I'd love some suggestions on how to ski the mountain (where to start, trail progressions, etc.), and any (casual) dining recommendations you may have. There will be 4 of us (me, DH, 14-year-old DS1...
  18. M

Bridger Bowl and Big Sky conditions

When we were out there last winter, there were 2 days with delayed opening because they won't spin the lifts if it's less than -15. However, I once we got on the mountain, I was never cold, which is saying a LOT for someone who is often cold skiing out east. I had handwarmers and heated socks...
  19. M

Please educate me on skiing near Denver?

My husband did a mid-April trip to Vail (coupled with a work trip) and found REALLY cheap on-mountain lodging. Check on the website when things close, but in general, I think CO mountains closing in April do so because lack of skiers, not lack of snow.