• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Sandrine

Japan in December

Oh wow, that's early!!
  2. Sandrine

Hostel Project

Here are 2 cheap(ish) options in Australia: - Mount Buller: Buller Backpackers, AU$70/night during peak season in a 4-person co-ed dorm. Very practical location right at the bottom of the slopes and linen included. - Hotham: Aardvark Lodge, AU$75/night for a weeknight during peak season and I...
  3. Sandrine

Japan in December

I'm planning a trip to Japan in December and looking for advice. I have to be in Yokohama (just South of Tokyo) from December 4 to 8, so the ski part of the trip would be from December 9 to 14 of this year. Would it be too risky to plan to ski on the main island this early in the season? I'm not...
  4. Sandrine

Any older women here doing CrossFit???

Crossfit can be really awesome, but maybe work with a personal trainer on the side to make sure you're doing the lifts correctly? This way you'll get more feedback than you would in a group environment. Also spend time working on mobility issues that can hinder your progress and create a higher...
  5. Sandrine

Crazy ski questions

They have snow in Australia??
  6. Sandrine

Diversity and Skiing

There seems to be quite a bit of Asian skiers/snowboarders in Australia. But Asians here tend to be pretty wealthy, so it's very different from African-Americans and Hispanics in the US.
  7. Sandrine

A really important thread about... trucker hats?

I wear a lot of flat brim caps and found that the '47 ones are the only ones that look good on me, because the brim isn't as wide. Maybe they do trucker hats?
  8. Sandrine

A decent watch to wear skiing

Those mini clip watches are such a great idea! I've been using my phone, but it keeps dying on me.
  9. Sandrine

I'm getting ankle surgery

Good luck, @beckylh84! I had surgery on my ankle last year and I geeked out pretty hard on how to recover as quickly as possible and how to avoid losing too much muscle, then wrote a blog post about it: https://www.srangeon.com/injury/ (I hope it's okay to post a link! If not, I can message it...
  10. Sandrine

Any Van divas?

I'm looking at buying a van in the next few months. It definitely won't be as fancy as yours, with probably just room for a bed and a little fridge. Yours looks really sweet and good call on having AC/Heat!