• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. socalgal

Clothing for family of beginners

Yup, second this. Their 32 degrees base layers work great; I just picked up a couple since DD won't stop growing. They are on sale right now till the weekend I think. The gerry snow pants and jackets are effective. And the prices can't be beat. Gloves. Helmets. You can get outfitted decently at...
  2. socalgal

Staying Fit in a Covid-19 World: Best Fitness Apps

I have been using a rock climbing app to track and maintain climbing specific finger strength. And, I have been following along to Total Body Weight Warrior/ Tom Merrick on YouTube. He just put out a free, weeklong follow along program.
  3. socalgal

Senior Stars--Discounted Lessons at Mountain High in Southern California

Sounds like a great program and good tip on the uphill policy! Too bad I don't do it.... one day.
  4. socalgal

Ski divas who also rock climb, outdoor or indoor?

:frown: It's always climbing season! LOL. But I live about 7 miles away from my gym. And hours and hours away from skiing.
  5. socalgal

Ski divas who also rock climb, outdoor or indoor?

Hi! So, I have been climbing now for about 3.5 years, all indoor, but soon (I hope!) venturing outdoors. Possibly Joshua Tree or maybe the Alabama Hills area to/fro from Mammoth. I mostly boulder, but do some lead and top rope when the mood hits. The whole family climbs. We love it. Everyone...
  6. socalgal

How do you learn to catch a little air?

I'll highly recommend both progression parks and Stomp It tutorials on YouTube. The videos are well made, accessible, and loaded with good information.
  7. socalgal

Contest: Kulkea Kantaja Double Roller Ski Bag Giveaway

It comes in black and grey with blue and white accents.
  8. socalgal

I Did a Wicked Thing

They are still available right now as I look. :noidea: Also... wowsa! There are some good deals on the site... must resist
  9. socalgal

I Did a Wicked Thing

Its still available, at least right now. Just in random sizes.
  10. socalgal

I Did a Wicked Thing

Awesome!!!
  11. socalgal

Help Needed: What Kinds of Women's Programs Would You Like To See?

What a great sounding program @SallyCat ! I wish the mtns close to me did something like this-- and at that price!!
  12. socalgal

Ikon Pass !

I got ours:jumphappy: last initial H
  13. socalgal

Help Needed: What Kinds of Women's Programs Would You Like To See?

I'd love something like this!
  14. socalgal

Ikon Pass !

Oooh, I'll have to go check the mail tomorrow!
  15. socalgal

My apologies to all...

I love puns! Thanks for the giggles.
  16. socalgal

How bad is the jonesing?

All the family's gloves have been dumped out onto the floor. Like a small mountain beckoning. We needed their container to store documents in case we need to evacuate.
  17. socalgal

Roaming Solo as a Woman

I just saw this thread and loved reading through all the replies. In my college days, I have traveled solo to New Zealand, where I stayed with a host family and then ventured across the country as I saw fit. I also flew solo to Europe in order to meet up with some friends and backpack around. I...
  18. socalgal

This or That Game

Ocean! Hit the snooze or wake up?
  19. socalgal

Help Needed: How to Approach a Personal Demo Day

If your at Mammoth demoing keep in mind that the different lodges have differernt skis available, just depends on what has beem checked out. So you can ski from one aide to another if you're feeling adventerous. Like @contesstant said, take notes! Bring a note pad and jot down all the little...