• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. geargrrl

Skiing while pregnant - late season European resorts

I skied easy blues and greens until 5 months. Those days 35 years ago I wasn't a very good skier and that's where I felt safest. I also biked until my knees hit my belly.
  2. geargrrl

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Ugh this has been a terrible year for us. The El Nino warm winter really affected conditions here. Combined with overall busyness as we are busy building a new house and getting this one ready for sale; not a bad year to have business. I know we missed a few good days to due inertia but there...
  3. geargrrl

Cleaning Tips for White Ski Pants

Any detergent is fine. I don't think I specify powder. I haven't tried the combo products. Grangers, Nikwax, it's all the same function. For my triple wash method a combo product won't work. I'd see if the pants whiten up with a wash before going to the trouble and expense of rewaterproofing.
  4. geargrrl

How to love a ski after the 2012 Kikus?

I haven't touched my Kikus after getting a Dynastar Legend -W. Not even on the big powder days.
  5. geargrrl

Cleaning Tips for White Ski Pants

1. regarding waterproof, search my posts for how to best rewaterproof pants. Correct washing will improve waterproofing, not degrade it. 2. Discoloration is either grime or age. Ski wear should be washed every season. Synthetic fabrics do react with the environment and degrade over time so...
  6. geargrrl

Do I need an intervention?

No one in Europe uses a dryer. Just sayin'. Get yourself a nice folding rack.
  7. geargrrl

Ski areas not on any multi passes

It's highly unlikely that the community non-profits will get sold. as I see it.
  8. geargrrl

Right? Who has ever heard of the Freedom Pass?
  9. geargrrl

@Christy, I didn't mean to sound rude in my reply!! It is a totally annoyance to us that we don't get something better with our pass.
  10. geargrrl

Wrong about Mount Spokane. It is on weird one that you've never heard of, "Freedom Pass". We have reviewed the perk as 30+ year season pass holder and it's pretty minimal. It *is* kind of buried on the website. https://www.mtspokane.com/partner-mountains Ashland, Loup Loup, Bogus, Hurricane...
  11. geargrrl

Affordable ski towns

Like I suggested earlier, smaller city close to skiing may be worth considering...I skied powder 4 days last week 33 miles from home.
  12. geargrrl

How much to tip Private Instructor

Keep in mind that cash has the option to not be declared income (that's up to the recipient) but any other payment method leaves a trail. Just sayin'.....
  13. geargrrl

Leg gaiters over snowboard pants when skiing?

Cut a rectangle. Velcro hook and loop on the short edge, elastic/shock cord to hold close on long edges. You will have to have a side entry because the dimension to get it over your boot and the dimension to go around your leg are too far apart. Or you have a tube that you put on with your pants...
  14. geargrrl

Affordable ski towns

Pay attention to water issues. It's a real issue in Flagstaff.
  15. geargrrl

Skier/Snowboarder responsibility code

OP mentions not wanting to ruin someone's day by getting their ticket pulled.. Um Hello.... If they are out of control and collided, they SHOULD get their ticket pulled! Not your problem.
  16. geargrrl

Ski Bibs: Yay or nay?

huh, good points. The detail photos on backcountry.com are not very good.
  17. geargrrl

Ski Bibs: Yay or nay?

This feature is a total *front* attached suspender - so you can drop the back of your pants. I have some old patagonia guide pants that have this. QUESTION - is there any other brand besides Flylow doing this now? I was ready to put the trigger but the review on fit say 1) they run small and 2)...
  18. geargrrl

Ski Movies with a Plot

Katie Burrell IS funny but a lot of it is role reversal tropes.
  19. geargrrl

Ski Movies with a Plot

Thanks I was wondering.