• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. lovebug

Copper Mountain January 24th

That was an awesome day :) Finally getting around to getting back to real life here. Hopefully i should have my pictures together later this week. Thanks to Robyn for an awesome, most excellent day!
  2. lovebug

I got a new ski outfit!

Looking great :)
  3. lovebug

I got a new ski outfit!

Dragging up an old post here ... but .... your promised PICTURES!!!! Hope you are having fun out there on the slopes with your new outfit. Awesome job on the weightloss - its definatly not an easy thing to do and you have shown real dedication. I know that you are inspiring alot of folks :)
  4. lovebug

Getting through the off season

UGH BOSUs .... bad memories of PT to repair a most busted ankle. Squats on BOSU, a rolly balance beam, standing on one leg on a trampoline with my eyes closed, and wobble board. Wait, while that all hurt ... i guess it was kinda fun ;)
  5. lovebug

Go Robyn Go!!! I think that I *might* do the Baltimore half in october. Still not sure where this liking running thing came from ;)
  6. lovebug

Swim/bike/run ;) Starting to actually enjoying running instead of seeing it as a chore :D. Im doing my first 10K tomorrow (YIKES!) and have a spring tri coming up at the end of june and two more Oly length tris in the works this summer. I do switch it up between road biking and and mt...
  7. lovebug

My interview with Sarah Schleper

Woohoo! That was a fun read. Her energy totally came across - what a fun interview that must have been :)
  8. lovebug

Babes on Boards - A Basin Mother's Day

Back at work this morning - still a bit sore and my face is peeling off -- sign of a great trip! It was good to see everyone again, thanks muchly for the hospitatlity. The little ones were too stinking cute. Sorry I didnt hang around and chat much - there was too much to ski and I was just...
  9. lovebug

Volkl Cosmo vs. Volkl Aura

I guess im the the lone member of the cosmo club. I actually didnt demo the skis (or the aura's) before the purchase but just happend along a chance deal I couldnt refuse. I'm 5'10" and 180-185 pounds and an aspiring advanced skiier - (meaning I'm really an intermediate determined to...
  10. lovebug

New Boots!!

Whooohoooo! we tried to get you to leave them at A-basin last year. I see they made it all the way home and into storage before being offficial retired. Congrats! Hope you get lots of days on your new pair :)
  11. lovebug

2009-2010 Ski Passes

Meet on the hill sounds like a good place to post some plans. Here is the info on womens day ... Women's Day. We bring the boys and make it a weekend :wink: There are three planned for this year - Jan 9th, Feb 7th, and March 6th. Not sure i will be able to make the January one as I will...
  12. lovebug

2009-2010 Ski Passes

Skisailor - we definatly need to make a ski date. I will be at blue most friday nights and weekends when we arent somewhere else! I think that i will be doing some (if not all) the womens weekends at Elk this year - especially the Saturday one(s). Go up on Friday night, ski with clas son...
  13. lovebug

Question: Any suggestions for plus-sized ski clothing?

I was at the spider outlet the otherday and picked up a pair of Cloudveil Madison pants. Boy oh boy -- i felt BIG. I've been in a shrinking process of late and was proud of the progress until i realized that the pants have been in a shrinking process too :mad2: thanks guys .... way to make me...
  14. lovebug

Do you wear makeup when you ski?

No makeup when i ski - unless dermatone counts! But then again, at best I wear some shiney chapstick on a "dress up day". Keep my hair in a single braid - and then hide it under a fun hat when im done :)
  15. lovebug

2009-2010 Ski Passes

Paid for ours last year at Blue Mountain in PA. Yeah its crummy, short, and icy ... but its a fix. We are trying to get a few vt/maine trips in this year and are looking at potentially 2 big trips out with friends along with the annual "girls weekends" at Elk (PA). :D
  16. lovebug

should an instructor instruct a friend?

Yeah - the help was awesome!! Its fun to ski with someone who can help you out with the hardparts, helps you challenges some new terrain, and then sits back and chill when you ski (not that well) while working on your smiles It was definatly a great experience, lots of help, but i left feeling...
  17. lovebug

Bolder Boulder!

Robyn - congrats!!! Pat yourself on the back and take a good long break... and see how long it takes before you are itching to get back into training again :) Glad you had a great time ...
  18. lovebug

What was your best ski day of the '08/'09 season?

Easily this past Saturday at A-basin with the Divas and the Bears! I finished the day off with a run down Exhibition - my first big bump run all by myself. Definatly didnt put on a great show for those above me, but I finished it :) Runners up - Friday and Sunday ... creative I know....
  19. lovebug

Mother's Day Weekend at A-Basin '09

Oh noes!! TSA uunpacked ours too. Skis were packed with three days of dirty underlayers... Served them right. For future protection your stinkiest dirtiest clothes work great. Sorry bout the skis :(
  20. lovebug

Mother's Day Weekend at A-Basin '09

And here are my pictures ... https://gallery.me.com/emilykoch#100036