• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. QCskier

When a girls gotta ski, a girl’s gotta ski!

I admire your bravery! You wouldn't get me on the water at this time of year unless I was somewhere very hot like Florida.
  2. QCskier

Lunchtime in the COVID era?

These are some good suggestions everyone. I will have to experiment with what I can fit into my pockets or start skiing with a small backpack so I can throw some basic food items like a sandwich in there.
  3. QCskier

Lunchtime in the COVID era?

How do you Divas intend to navigate lunch time this winter with all the COVID craziness? Will you just ski shorter days and eat when you get home or will you have something on the fly? I am not comfortable eating inside the chalet with the risk of COVID so I am trying to figure out how to make...
  4. QCskier

What are Divas reading?

I read this one a few years ago and loved it. It is one of those books that is hard to put down. These days I am reading "The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World" by Melinda Gates. It looks at all the projects the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation does to help women in...
  5. QCskier

Deals on lift tickets when you present a boarding pass

Hello fellow divas. I saw this article this morning and thought I would share it because while skiing is awesome, skiing for free is even better :smile:. Basically certain mountains will give free or discounted lift tickets when you present a boarding pass. In general the free lift ticket is...
  6. QCskier

Obsessing Over Long-Range Forecasts

Yes, I am always looking at the long range forecasts for Tremblant and if I see unfavourable weather conditions (ex. rain and above zero temperatures) I panic a little even if those conditions are far enough in the future that they might change.
  7. QCskier

What is the terminal intermediate plateau? And how do I avoid getting stuck there?

I hit the intermediate plateau in my 2nd year of skiing. Blue groomers were not a problem for me but I never felt good on black groomers. Taking lessons proved to be a turning point because the instructor found errors in my technique and once I corrected them I was skiing better so I could...
  8. QCskier

What are your goals or what are you most looking forward to for the 2019/2020 ski season?

The ski season is getting closer and closer every day so what are your goals? What are you most excited for? Here is my list: Goals: 1) Ski at least 20 times. 2) Try the double diamond glades at Tremblant and become comfortable in them. 3) Keep practicing moguls so I become better at them. 4)...
  9. QCskier

Snow!

The summit at Tremblant had a light dusting this morning. Opening day is November 22! :yahoo: https://www.tremblant.ca/mountain-village/webcams
  10. QCskier

First trip out west!

The first trip out west is always so exciting so enjoy every second of it! I like to carry my helmet and boots as carry on. They both fit neatly in one bag. The last thing I want is my helmet getting smashed around in the cargo hold. Make sure to bring sunscreen. I made this mistake on my...
  11. QCskier

Thoughts on Revelstoke?

Now I really want to go! I bought my plane tickets for Kelowna so I will definitely be in BC in January, but I will have to see if I can make the detour to Revelstoke work. Thank you ladies!
  12. QCskier

Thoughts on Revelstoke?

I like the Flying Mile and Tigidou but I must admit that Expo intimidates me when it is icy. If it is in good condition I feel okay on it. Is this what I can expect to find at Revelstoke in terms of pitch?
  13. QCskier

Thoughts on Revelstoke?

If all goes well I will be in the Okanagan in January to ski Big White. I was thinking that since I am in the BC interior already I might try to venture out to Revelstoke for a couple of days. For those of you who have skied Revelstoke is it worth the detour?
  14. QCskier

My first pair of skis!

Congratulations! Getting a new pair of skis is always a very exciting moment!
  15. QCskier

Depression After ACL/MCL/Meniscus Surgery

I'm sorry to hear about this. I tore my MCL a few years ago in a water skiing accident and while I didn't require surgery I did experience the depression that you are talking about. I am very active so when I suddenly couldn't exercise any more I found myself with nothing to do so I started to...
  16. QCskier

Reflections on the 2018/2019 season

50 ski days in a single season is amazing. I would love to be able to log that many ski days.
  17. QCskier

Reflections on the 2018/2019 season

There is still time to ski but now that we are almost in April and a good chunk of the season is behind us what are some of your accomplishments and/or highlights? Here are mine: 1. I have been skiing 5 years and finally switched out my first ever pair of skis for a new one which are better...
  18. QCskier

YouTube Ski Tip Channels

I also like the channel, Ski School by Elate Media. The instructor in the videos always offers clear and concise explanations.
  19. QCskier

How to approach a demo day?

Yes, normally I park on the north side and avoid the base of the south side if it's a busy day but I really wanted to demo so I had to go down there. The trick to the Flying Mile was to go in the singles line. I was able to get up a little quicker that way.
  20. QCskier

Overcrowding at Epic and Ikon resorts

Yes, I was one of those Tonik passholders who used a floating day for the Saturday. The line-ups were bad everywhere on the mountain. Tremblant was crowded yesterday too but it was nothing like the week before. I think the Ikon pass is definitely causing an uptick in traffic there.