• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Cantabrigienne

Best Women's Ski Clinics?

I usually do the WB womens' camp at least once each year & have really enjoyed them (plus learned a lot). They are typically offered at least 6 times per season - this was the schedule this past year: December 9th - 10th, 2023 January 13th - 14th, 2024 January 27th - 28th, 2024 February 10th...
  2. Cantabrigienne

Skier dies at Taos Ski Valley

Was going to add: the most recent was on Renegade, which is a tree run, and the 2nd was between two cat tracks (7th Ave and Expressway) in an area popular for tree skiing - so reasonable to assume either i) collision or ii) tree well immersion. This is the first year I've seen signs all over...
  3. Cantabrigienne

Skier dies at Taos Ski Valley

I know that in Whistler that while deaths are reported fairly promptly, they need to wait for the coroners report or something equivalent before stating cause of death. And when there is a lag in reporting the death, it's due to having to notify next of kin etc. That said, I rode up the...
  4. Cantabrigienne

Skiing plateaus and (dys)functional patterns of movement

The founder of the physio clinic that I frequent in Vancouver comments that the adults he sees having the most pain from their sports are those who did ballet, dance, and gymnastics as children.....all of whom I bet were hypermobile because those are activities where flexibility is prized and...
  5. Cantabrigienne

Woman Thought to be Missing Was Stuck in a Gondola Overnight!

^^^^This. I met a local couple in Whistler who got stranded in the summer, but entirely through their own fault. They hiked/ran the trails up a bit late in the afternoon and it was after official gondola operating hours when they arrived at the top (so post 5pm), didn't see any staff around and...
  6. Cantabrigienne

Good YouTube videos to help progress?

I love Deb Armstrong too, but in case you like having a variety of channels to check, I also like one of the older YouTube ski school channels, SkiSchool - it started 12yrs ago, so I sometimes am internally shouting "why aren't you wearing a helmet?" for the oldest beginner/intermediate videos...
  7. Cantabrigienne

Resorts with direct flights from New York and IKON pass

In all seriousness: If you are able to take a full week (or at least 5 days) Have you thought about going to Europe? For the various Ikon pass resorts, Kitzbuhel has super easy train transfer from Munich and even shorter from Innsbruck (easy connection via London/Amsterdam/Frankfurt), which is...
  8. Cantabrigienne

Whistler Day Trip

Scratch that - move all the times I mentioned forward an hour, I was having a brain fart. Check this thread from the local subreddit: Have to be over the bridge before 6am IF it's a powder day on the weekend (general advice was to leave Vancouver at 5:30.) But any day over Xmas would be the...
  9. Cantabrigienne

Whistler Day Trip

Ooof - didn't scroll back up enough to spot that you couldn't get ski lessons at Whistler! Of the local mountains, Cypress has the best terrain, Seymour is most family friendly, Grouse has stunning views - and easiest to get to via public transport etc or if your rental car doesn't have...
  10. Cantabrigienne

Whistler Day Trip

I cannot imagine it will be <C$1000 for the day, if you're putting your kids in ski school. But without lessons, it's not crazy expensive; If you're not skiing at any other Epic mountains, get the WB Day pass, as it's cheaper at US$262 vs US$336 for non-peak dates with the Epic Day Pass. BUT...
  11. Cantabrigienne

Salomon Kiana Skis (2017) + Lithium 10 Bindings

Would you be willing to totally relearn how to ski? Absolute beginner packages tend to be quite cheap - and if you can’t get off the chair safely, it sounds like it might be better to start from a blank slate and tell yourself you’re learning a totally new sport, rather than changing something...
  12. Cantabrigienne

Whistler Blackcomb Women's Camps

Since many in this group have enjoyed these camps, thought I'd post the schedule in the general forum (for certified Divas, there's a meetup thread too). Sponsor last year was Helly Hansen (used to be North Face). Hope to meet up with some of you in Feb or March!! Camp dates: December...
  13. Cantabrigienne

That's good to hear - doing the side plank marches was impossible, I'll have to look up the regressions
  14. Cantabrigienne

Their social media advertising is really effective - I signed up for SMM back in January although I have yet to implement it properly. (I do most of the warm up but not so many of the actual SMM exercises themselves. I probably need to do the end range training because I'm hypermobile, although...
  15. Cantabrigienne

Thinking of planning a European ski trip. need some insight and all the tips.

Agree with the others that Club Med ski holidays are not cheesy, but OTOH if you pick the right (smaller family-run) hotel, it's often not much more work - once you're picked your hotel, they will likely refer you onto a ski school & ski rental place. Also: there are many ski hotels that offer...
  16. Cantabrigienne

Ski outfits

@xxs_skier - it wasn't just your husband's jacket, it was the combo of really tall dad, small mum, & 2 kids that was the confirmation. Your own jacket is pretty easy to spot because it's highly patterned.
  17. Cantabrigienne

Vail Introduces "My Epic Gear"

My suspicion is that the degree of customization might mean 9 basic fits - narrow, medium, wide lasts & then potentially 3 types of insole (low arch, high arch, overpronation?). Now if it meant a custom-ish insole that you kept with you and put into whatever rental boots you get on the Epic...
  18. Cantabrigienne

Your first time (skiing) as an adult

OMG - I did "parallel from the start" at Whiteface too!!! It wasn't quite the start for me - I did a couple of days at Tahoe with family friends for the spring break of my freshman year in 1990. I guess I learned to snowplough decently on that trip, but all I really remember is a) it was so...
  19. Cantabrigienne

Dolomites trip

Dolomiti Superski is the area you get on Ikon - that's 12 areas including Val Gardena & Alta Badia, the main two areas (for English speaking skiers) on the Sella Ronda, plus Kronplatz, Val di Fassa and a bunch of other great places. I have an overly long TR from Feb 2020 if you're interested...
  20. Cantabrigienne

Would you wear this?

In Europe, sure!