• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. A

Lange 110LV or Tecnica Mach 95lv?

A good boot fitter is key! A good one will recognise your foot type, quiz you on your skiing style and make a match. The last time I went boot shopping, I had an idea of what I wanted from reading reviews, but my boot fitter didn’t think it would be right for me. I think it was a Dalbello boot...
  2. A

Your hair

Hi Ice Kitten, I just spray some on my hair in the morning while I'm getting ready. When I take my helmet off at lunch or apres, I just pouf my hair up with my hands or a little comb. Obv, it's not 'good' hair, but it helps!
  3. A

Skis for midwest and Colorado or Utah

I agree with those who say good boots make all the difference! I too started with leather lace ups and remember my first pair of red leather Nordicas with buckles! (Memory lane...) But boot technology has changed since then, and it has changed a lot in the past decade, especially for women's...
  4. A

Question: Best Ski Bag for air travel?

I was so happy when I saw sportube did it in another color than black. It's called 'blaze'... :wink: Also, my traveling friend said to use zip-ties to close it rather than a TSA lock - any thoughts on that?
  5. A

Your hair

I have wavy layered hair about bra-strap length... very unruly! I wear it in a low ponytail tucked into neck gaiter, and sometimes I use a helmet beanie too if it's cold. Inevitably I lose the darn hair tie by the end of the day, so no chance of that high ponytail at the end of the day unless...
  6. A

Warmest ski gloves

I use Swany leather gloves (I think they are called X-Cell) and love them. If it's a really cold day, I use heat warmers in the special pocket (or open the pocket for ventilation on spring skiing days). I have a pair of Gordini down leather mittens -with glove liners - for bitterly cold stormy...
  7. A

Hi - I'm retracting my previous post (sorry didn't know how to delete it). Although I thought I was going to buy the Dakine, I ended up with a sportube. When I went to the store to purchase the Dakine, they were out of stock :-( . I then spoke to two people, one of whom flies with his skis...
  8. A

Hi - back again. Thanks for all your advice. I decided to go with a Dakine as the DB was too pricey (plus I couldn't get over the name...) and the sport-tube was too heavy.
  9. A

Help Needed: Best All Mountain Skis for advanced skier

I LOVE my Fulluvits. I demo'd a bunch of skis last spring looking for an advanced all mountain ski, including the Santa Anas, a couple of different Head Joys, Blizzard Black Pearls, and a couple of others and the Fulluvits were by far the most fun and versatile for my skiing style for all...
  10. A

Hi fellow Divas - Getting ready for ski season, and realise I need to get a ski bag so I can bring my skis with me. Any suggestions for a good ski bag to take on a flight? I'm only bringing one pair of skis plus poles, helmet, boots, etc. Looking at reviews, it seems like the Dakine Fall Line...
  11. A

Tecnica Mach1 105 MW

I just got these boots... Had to replace my head dream boots which had gotten packed out and my feet were sloshing around. Wow! Love them! I've got thin ankles, biggish calves and wide feet so it's difficult to find boots that fit. (Lange too narrow, dalbello too wide...) These are great! So...
  12. A

Help Needed: equipment ideas for aging petite skier :)

Hi, I'm 5'5', 130lbs, 50+, with acl issues (been skiing most of my life). I love my lotta luvs, I call them my nimble Sherman tanks... However with the integrated bindings, they are sooooo heavy! I've been skiing the kastle mx with tyrolia bindings for the past couple of years and am super...
  13. A

Oakley Prizm Goggles

So, I ended up getting A Frame 2,0 in rose prizm. I've been super happy with them. I've been skiing in Lech over the past week. First day was mixed sunny/cloudy, and I skied through to late afternoon shadow, and they worked great, very easy transitions. Next few days were bluebird days- the...
  14. A

Oakley Prizm Goggles

Thank you both so much. I'll go check out the crowbars. I'm looking for goldilocks goggles . No fogging and not too much ventilation, with a good general all rounder lens that I don't have to change unless either super stormy or bluebird. It's very difficult to tell how a goggle will work...
  15. A

Oakley Prizm Goggles

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but have been lurking for a couple of years ;-) . I am in desperate need for a new pair of goggles and after reading everything online, think I will make the switch from Smith to Oakley and get the Rose Prizm as a general all round lens (except for bluebird days in...