• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. newboots

DIVA CATS! (And other pets can play too!)

@Christy - that was a treat! Love it! And I like the poster for “loss prevention!”
  2. newboots

Show us your ski jacket quiver

If you've seen me ski, you've seen my purple jacket. I bought it inexpensively at Marshall's, and it's a North Face Steep Series with pretty good technical features. I do have a black down jacket and random other regular jackets I might wear in the spring. I don't remember what I wear in the...
  3. newboots

Show us your ski jacket quiver

You'll look very good in that, Olesya!
  4. newboots

Could I have frostnip?

Feel better! I'm glad you're going to the doctor. You don't want to ignore it if there's a treatment. :hug:
  5. newboots

I'm increasingly a goggle slut!

Glad my photo tips helped! I read about it; there is digital language in our photos, and one of the things it tells is which side is up. Unfortunately, not every application uses the same language for "up" or "down!" I don't know why editing it a little bit seems to fix this, but it's been...
  6. newboots

Can you help?

I cheated and used PayPal despite being in the U.S. :wink:
  7. newboots

Abrupt end to my season.

Well, that looks like a sturdy brace! Like everyone, I hope you can avoid the surgery. My only ride on a sled came after breaking my glasses. I was a pretty new skier and have very poor vision; I didn't trust myself to ski to the bottom of the trail, take the lift up another, and ski down to...
  8. newboots

Abrupt end to my season.

So sorry to hear this, but I hope for the best! A good diagnostician and good rehab. Best of luck!
  9. newboots

Favorite Topsheets

There are some truly amazing snowboard graphics. Love yours!
  10. newboots

Favorite Topsheets

As soon as I scrolled down, I knew those were yours!
  11. newboots

Will the economy effect your skiing next year?

I expect that inflation will hit ticket and food prices at the resorts, probably lodging, too. Gas is better but it will still pinch for people with a long drive. So yes, I think inflation might ease crowding at the hill! I’m single but retired. I eat mostly vegetarian food, but I’ve sure...
  12. newboots

Should ski resorts offer a 'pay-per-lift ride' option for guests?

I think I like it. My stamina is lower these days. OTOH, I have a tendency to be cheap, and I’d be adding up each ride, which might make me ski less than I would otherwise. Could interfere with having fun!
  13. newboots

Racing!

And more recently, @Abbi and crew came in fourth in the regatta!
  14. newboots

Out for the season

Any news? I'm probably jumping the gun, but now that I'm here again, I'm eager to know.
  15. newboots

Withdrawal

Hello, @Flowergirl88 ! So happy to have you. Keep posting and you'll have access sitewide (25 posts, I think.) :welcome:
  16. newboots

Looking for ideas for a day in Montreal

Be sure to get into Old Montreal. It's been too long (26 years?) for me to recommend restaurants, and it can be kind of touristy, but it really makes a distinction between "a fabulous big city" and something that has a bit of European flair. Plus the architecture is amazing. (For a real...
  17. newboots

Wide Skis and Your Knees: Bigger Isn't Always Better.

Great article (and that is the original article, in digital form)! So nice when science agrees with your knees! I just don't have enough experience skiing, especially powder, to know. But I have felt a preference for narrower skis when I happened to be able to compare. Last summer at Big...
  18. newboots

Suicide Six Ski Area to Change Its Name

Right! So all those S6 stickers, etc., will still work. :doh::laughter: Maybe this was a consideration? :wink:
  19. newboots

Best start to the season in years !

Hot and extremely muggy (humid) here today. Staring in astonishment at your beautiful mountains!
  20. newboots

DIVA DOGS!

This is awesome! I tuned in late, so what a surprise!