• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. AdkLynn

Boots! flex and more, ex racer, thoughts?

I’m not a boot fitter, but I do wear Lange Jr race SC 90 flex, because my foot is too small for adult boots. My shell is 22.5, I’m an advanced intermediate who skis many days a year atWhiteface, and I love, love them! Why not go to a Lange race boot? These are the best boots I’ve ever skied.
  2. AdkLynn

Skiing's Gender Gap Widens with Age

I’m sure this is true for the general population, my friends and I moved to a ski area eons ago to ski, and now we are free to ski every day if we want to! I’m 73, don’t do as much crazy stuff as I used to do, but this is our joy, and winter social life!
  3. AdkLynn

Tips for advanced skiers over 50 planning to ski until 80+

I hear you, sister! I’m 73, don’t have osteoporosis yet, but am accumulating minor ligament injuries. Also exercising, focusing on general health, because skiing is life! I’m also hedging my bets by engaging more in cross country skiing, bought a pair of really good snowshoes, started...
  4. AdkLynn

Big Changes at TheSkiDiva!

Congratulations to both of you! I love Ski Diva, such a great group of women. I’ll never forget riding up to the summit of Whiteface (Chair Six) with Wendy, in a coincidental meeting at Diva East years ago! ❤️
  5. AdkLynn

Side Slipping, a skill for all ability levels

Although I’ve never tried slideslipping in a super steep chute on skis,it’s my rockstar skill, I sideslip better than I turn, thanks to twenty years of snowboarding!
  6. AdkLynn

tinymoose's Diva East '23 demo report

Thanks so much for the info! You were instrumental in helping me find my favorite skis, Yumi 84s. I’m thinking of new skis, but as a senior petite skier, I think I’ll get a new pair of Yumis! At 72, I just want to stay in the game and have fun! I love all the reviews, all the divas are wonderful! ❤️
  7. AdkLynn

Anxiety

Perhaps there is a group at your mountain that you can join, that has weekly lessons separated into ability levels. Whiteface has something called “Snow Boomers” for but not necessarily limited to older skiers, that is friendly, somewhat social, and supportive of learning. You might feel...
  8. AdkLynn

Photo of the day

Gorgeous!
  9. AdkLynn

Abrupt end to my season.

Best wishes for speedy recovery!
  10. AdkLynn

How flexible is boot flex?

I haven’t read everything in this thread, but if it helps…I’m an advanced intermediate, 72 yrs, 105 lbs, 22.5, I’m in a Lange SC 90 flex jr race boot now for five years, best boot I’ve ever skied. Fits like glove, all pressure points punched out, thanks to an expert boot fitter, flex is relative...
  11. AdkLynn

When do you take your snow tires off?

Next week, as I have road trip coming up. We’ve had significant snow here in the Adirondacks in May every few years! Let’s hope it’s not this year!
  12. AdkLynn

Your "Aha!" moment

This has been a game changer for me, its like power steering! (When I do it! )
  13. AdkLynn

Favorite currently-available jacket model (and maybe pants)?

I don’t think taking a dart in a waistband would be a problem, it’s a tiny repair, maybe two inches long, in two different spots. My coat covers it up, anyway. If you lived here, I’d do it for you!
  14. AdkLynn

Long hair, helmets & skiing

Me too! I’ve given up on volume and styling. Helmet for skiing, helmet for cycling, ponytail and hat for paddling! I love the sports life! Saves a lot of money at the salon!
  15. AdkLynn

Favorite currently-available jacket model (and maybe pants)?

If you have a sewing machine, or can get to a tailor, it’s easy to take a couple of darts in the waistband, and resize the pants! I do it all the time!
  16. AdkLynn

Long hair, helmets & skiing

I love this look! Also wear my hair in two braids, mostly to keep from getting a giant dreadlock in the back of my neck!
  17. AdkLynn

Demo day vs. demoing through a shop

Not a stupid question! I think smaller is better. I’ve done a bunch of demos at my home mountain, it’s good to try skis on familiar terrain. Unless you have your heart set on a ski your shop doesn’t carry, you will be happy. Just prepare to fall in love and buy new skis! (Every time I demoed! )
  18. AdkLynn

Do you like to ski alone?

I too, am a former boarder. I rode solo for years, cause as a senior girl, I was too slow for the kids! When I met a group of women skiers that I like, I joined them and switched to two boards, I love our social life, but still totally love to ski alone, it’s a soul experience!
  19. AdkLynn

Do you like to ski alone?

20. AdkLynn

Old School ski areas to explore

My kids learned to ski at Mt. Pisgah, five minutes from my house! We usually ski Whiteface, but Titus, near Malone is a fabulous family ski center!